Typical cruise is fly from home to embarkation port, cruise, disembark and fly home. Easy-peazy.
Done that many times. Over last 30 years been on over 20 cruises. Best cruise line value for us we feel is Princess. We have Elite status with Princess.
I now HATE flying (last flight was year 2012, LAX to Johannesburg SA, way too long, ask me if you want a 400 word essay).
With all that said here's what I want, ideally. Embark Los Angeles/Long Beach port, cruise 21 - 45 days, disembark Los Angeles port. Consider any destination(s). Any time within next 12 months. Simple as that!!! The to and from cruise itinerary can even be the same (mirror image)!! (E.g. LA through Panama Canal to Ft. Lauderdale, and back through Canal to LA). Cruise ships embark and re-sail same day, so no problem with the ships just stopping in port and leaving us stranded!!
I've looked at the Princess Cruise Atlas and tried to make such matches. Doable but very very cumbersome. (I did find the Pricness 111 day world cruise, LA-LA, but too long and too $$$). I have not talked directly with Princess. But have talked with an AAA Travel Agent and she called Princess but both AAA and Princess had trouble grasping this concept. I've googled for "cruise planning" with expected agency ads results. I've googled using "cruise planning algorithm" and came up with planning for cruise missiles!! You know, I can enter into google maps 10 road destinations and in 1/2 sec come back with route, distances, time and directions. Doing such for cruises would be trivial. App, app? Someone make an app!!! (I'll take only 1 cent per sell!!).
Enough, can anyone point me to how I can work this out. Or do it for me
ps - in desperation I maybe, might, consider a flight in one direction within USA.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Help! RCCL AOS
- 2 Vking Ocean Cruises 2019?
- 3 Cabin choices
- 4 Hotel -Miami before cruise
- 5 ALASKAN CRUISE
- 6 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 7 Viking changes itinerary
- 8 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 9 Vking Mediterrnean Odyssey Ocean Cruises by Viking
- 10 Danube River Cruise - agent
- 11 Rhine River or Mosel Cruise info
- 12 Take it when you see it
- 13 Travel time needed from Basel to Zurich airport?
- 14 Choosing a first cruise
- 15 Almost serious
- 16 Did it! Booked!
- 17 Beaches from cruise
- 18 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 19 Scenic cruise advice
- 20 Time to Explore St Petersburg
- 21 Transfer from Fiumicino to Civitavecchia
- 22 Antarctica Cruise--Zegrahm or Lindblad and time to go
- 23 Parking for Celebrity
- 24 Costa Maya beach
- 25 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague