Celebrity Concierge Class

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2003, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone traveled in Concierge Class on the Constellation. How did you like it? Do you feel it was worth the extra money? We are going on the July 31, 2004 trip to Scandinavia and it is offered there.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 11:16 AM

What is concierge class? Is it the same as having a butler? If it is, I have done that on Princess and didn't think it was worth it. We sailed on the Constellation Dec 02 and had a balcony cabin.
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

It is advertised as an 'extra accomodations' room. It is not the same as a suite with butler service. The website lists all types of extras. Looks interesting; especially the priority embarkation/debarkation.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 05:40 AM

I guess I haven't heard about it. How did you find out about it? Sounds interesting.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 05:57 AM

go to www.celebrity.com you will find all the info there.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 05:59 AM

Isn't this a new service starting next summer?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 06:56 AM

that's a good question. It appears to me (I am not sure) that when you book a suite on celebrity that you get all those ammenities, it just looks like they are now calling it "concierge class".

I booked a Sky Suite on the Century and sailing in March and we are getting all those ammenities... early embark/disembark, butler service priority dinner seating etc..
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:03 AM

There's a distinct difference between Suites and Concierge Class on the Celebrity ships.

The Millenium Class ships, of which the Constellation is one, the Concierge Class cabins are those cabins that were originally 1A cabins.

The cabins are not as big as the suites but are bigger than the other verandah cabins. Some of the Concierge Class cabins have very large verandahs. Concierge Class does not have butler service.

The Concierge Class has been around on the Millenium class ships for about a year now and they are instituting them on the rest of the ships by April 2004. I believe Concierge Class has been available on the Century Class ships for the last few months.

Old Dec 18th, 2003, 08:46 AM

Now you really confused me

If you have a suite don't you automatically have concierge class or is it an add on for any cabin??

What is the difference in a suite and a cabin with concierge class?
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 09:14 AM

Just called Celebrity and asked this question.....Suites and Concierge Class are the same thing, there is no difference. Having a suite is concierge class.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 09:24 AM

SandyFeet ==>

Yes, it can be confusing. A Suite offers the amenities of Concierge Class plus butler service and other benefits as described on the Celebrity web site. Suites are also substantially larger.

To see what's offered, go to the Celebrity site. Click on Fleet. Select Constellation, and then staterooms. Click on a cabin to see the amenities offered.

Concierge Class uses a Category 1A cabin...typically 191 sq ft. On the Constellation, for example, they're all located on the Sky Deck. Cat. 1A, 1B, and 1C are all the same physical size but on other decks, and they cost $400 or more less.

Old Dec 18th, 2003, 10:21 AM

Yes, it is a bit confusing. I think that cruise ship staterooms are all being re-catergorized, so they will all be the same. that is why there is the "new deck plan" if you are sailing after April 2004 (I think that's the date). They are the same cabins, they are just re classified with a different codes to standardize the different cabin categories.

Also to answer the original posters question, I have to throw in my 2 cents. I have not been on a cruise, but we do travel very often 3-4 times per year. I know that we could not be in a small cabin and we do enjoy the added ammenities. I found the difference in price to be an excellent value for the money. I think our personal needs are met in a suite, you have to decide if its for you. It was an easy decision as I know we would be very disappointed to go on a cruise and really hate our stateroom. I know many may say you do not spend much time there, but actually you do. It is wonderful to have a larger bedroom, a king size bed, a larger bathroom, cramped quarters can be very nerve wracking. Its great to have more room and a verandah, if you can afford it then go for it.
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 10:56 AM

Sorry everyone...It is a bit confusing, but I went back on the website and made another call. The first rep I spoke to was incorrect. There is a difference between Concierge Class and a Suite. Concierge Class does not include butler service and some other ammenities. That class is called Suite Indulgences. Celebrity just updated their website and found the info there.

sorry for looking like an idiot.
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 02:56 AM

SandyFeet: If you looked at my post you would have noticed that there is a difference between Concierge Class and Suites. In a nutshell I stated that:
Suites are larger cabins with a butler.
Concierge Class have larger cabins than the rest but no butler service.
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 04:59 AM

The thing that confused me was when I called Celebrity the first time, the rep told me there was no diference in service. Apparently some reps do not look at their own website! I did not call Celebrity because I did not believe you, I had to call and make a payment so while I was on the phone I happened to ask her. That is what confused me as she told me that "suites and Concierge are the same thing". We know that is not true. That is not the first time I have gotten incorrect information from a rep, and not just cruise lines! Sometimes you can call with a question and get several different answers.
Thank you Mary for the info
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

I originated this thread and this is what I now know. The concierge class cabins are the same size as the 1A cabins and smaller than suites. They have more amenities than regular cabins, less than suites and do not have butler service. Therefore they are more expensive [$400] than 1A [deluxe veranda] and a lot less expensive than suites. We have opted for a concierge class cabin for our July 31 departure from Dover for 14 day Scandinavian cruise. We will post a report on our return. Thanks for all the input.