Tours for Panama Canal

Jan 20th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Phyllis

Tours for Panama Canal

We will be travelling on the Legend February 22, 2003 and would like to know what is recommended regarding tours. Should we take tours from the cruiseline or go on our own. In the past we have always got off the ship and scheduled a tour with someone at the port. We will be visiting Belize, Panama and Costa Rica. The ship we will be on does not go through the canal. We definitely want to see the canal and would like to know what would be the best tour to take to see the canal. Thank you.

Jan 20th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Parrot Mom

If they are offering a tour of the San Blas Islands that would be great.. What other tours are they offering...In Costa Rica do not go to San Jose..it's too far a trip on the bus..

Jan 20th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Sandy

We went on a half-day cruise through the canal, I believe only one company does that . . . but, be warned . . . our half day was from 7:30 a.-3:00 p.

It was GREAT, though, We had an American on board who spoke English and Spanish to tell us what we were seeing and to explain everything. In addition, we were served breakfast and a delicious lunch, many choices of entrees, and drinks and desserts were left out for all-day snacking.

I think we paid about $90 and it was well worth it.

Sandy

Jan 20th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Phyllis

Thanks for your reply. Was the cruise you booked thru Carnival or did you book it yourself. If not through Carnival, who did you book it with.

Jan 21st, 2003, 06:38 AM
Sandy

We booked the half-day cruise through the canal with a travel agent in Panama City (any can do this for you) . . . the trip was through Ancon and I believe they have a website . . . search Google to see.

You could probably book through the website and have everything set up before you arrive.

Buen viaje,
Sandy