Thoughts on cruising 5 months pregnant?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. We are thinking of taking a cruise on Presidents Day week in Feb. At that time i'll be 21 weeks, around 5 months pregnant. Has anyone ever flown or cruised at that time in their pregnancy?
I'm really divided about it since this will probably be our "last hurrah" for a while, but at the same time I would'nt want to do anything to jeapordize my pregnancy.

I'm going to ask my doctor next week when I see him, but I wanted feedback from anyone who has ever vacationed while pregnant. I usually am a nervous flyer & I know I cannot take a valium on this flight!! But I flew 6 times last summer, and I think that really helped me dispell my fears. I actually miss flying a little!

I really would like to go away since DH feels that he would prefer not to vacation with a little one untill they are around 4 or so!

Any advice would be appreciated,
Marina

Celebrity~Horizon~Bermuda 6/03
Carnival~Paradise~Exotic West. Carrib. 8/03
Disney~Wonder~Bahamas 4th of July Cruise, 2004
RCCL~Explorer OS~ West. Carrib. 7/04
Princess~Golden~ South. Carrib. 8/04
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 01:27 PM

I cannot think of a more relaxing way to enjoy yourself. No work, just decide what to wear, eat, and entertainment. Go and have a good time. Pregnancy is not anything that should keep you from having a great time.

Also, enjoy it now, as you will wish you could have slept late when that baby comes.

Go, and have fun!
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 09:01 AM

The advice my doctor gave me when I vacationed six months pregnant was not to ride a horse. Other than that he said it should be fine and it was. Just don't do anything that you could fall down or hit your stomack. Your ship should have a doctor anyway.
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 06:06 AM

The greatest risk you should encounter is the weight you may gain from all the wonderful food options available to you on a cruise. Go and enjoy your time together as a couple now for it will be a quarter century or more before you are truly that 'free' again!
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 06:12 AM

Hi,

Congratulations!

With your doctor's permission, you should be fine! But, check with the cruise line because they have special requirements for pregnant women. They usually request that women beyond the 24-26th week of pregnancy not travel and would probably deny boarding. They has this restriction because the ship's medical facilities aren't equipped to assist with a birth and a baby. It is really a safety precaution.

Check in the back of the cruise line's brochure - in the Terms and Conditions section in the small print. If in doubt, please ask the cruise line for details.

Best Regards,
Julia