Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Thalassotherapy Pools- CELEBRITY SUMMIT (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/thalassotherapy-pools-celebrity-summit-395230/)

disneynan Feb 4th, 2004 08:25 AM

Thalassotherapy Pools- CELEBRITY SUMMIT

I have just read thru some old posts that say this pool was free to use aboard the M ships, such as Summit. I just re-read my brochure and it states it is complimentary, but only if you have booked a SUITE. We have an inside stateroom, has anyone who also had an inside gained access to the pool free or by a fee? How much?

yankfan Feb 4th, 2004 08:33 AM

hi - I know I have read about the charging vs non charging issue of this pool on cruisecritic.com. Take a look at the Celebrity Boards. Hope this helps.

diann Feb 5th, 2004 02:14 PM

I just came off of a Celebrity cruise with the Constellation. Not sure if the rules change from ship to ship but there seemed to be no restrictions whatsoever on the use of this particular pool. It was my favorite thing to do during my free time on this ship. This pool is wonderful. There was also an eating area where the food was healthy food. Very good I thought.

yankfan Feb 6th, 2004 06:25 AM

hi diann- How was your trip on Connstellation - we are going week of March 6th. Looking forward to the trip. Just curious what you did whild visiting Grenada and Casa De Campo? Thanks!

diann Feb 6th, 2004 12:58 PM

Yankfan, in Casa de Campo there is a show in the p.m. starts around 9p.m. called Kandala. It is well worth seeing. Very good!! It takes place in an open air theater. The ship arrives at 1 p.m. There is transportation to some Marina, and shopping. Also to a Fort where there are shops and nice views. In Grenada, that is a full day. We went on a tour with a local after disembarking. We went to the water falls, a state park where there are monkeys in a tree and people feed them if they come out. That was very interesting and fun. We went to see how spices are made. We paid about $20 per person. It was a great value for the money. We then took the water taxi to Anse Beach. It did shower while we were there. Grenada is a gorgeous island worth getting out on a tour to see this tropical Island. Have fun and enjoy!

QueenofDaNile Feb 11th, 2004 07:49 AM

Diann,
We'll be on the Constellation next month on the same trip you took. Did you make your own arrangements in Granada after you arrived? Which of the ports were tendered vs. docked? Thanks from another Diane

diann Feb 11th, 2004 02:18 PM

When we got off the ship in Grenada we were met with taxi's and island tour guides. We basically winged it and it worked out very well. We made no prior plans. Grenda is the only tendered port. You will love this cruise. I wish I were going again. Have fun.

andy Feb 11th, 2004 08:35 PM

disneyman-- went on the Millenium and the thalassoptherapy pool was free...

yankfan Feb 12th, 2004 11:09 AM

Diann - thanks for the info - especially on Grenada - think we will "wing" it also.

MauiMaui Feb 12th, 2004 11:37 AM

The Thalassotheraphy Pool on the Constellation was free in Dec 02, but always crowded so never got to use it.

gail Feb 12th, 2004 12:51 PM

What is a thalassotherapy pool?

diann Feb 19th, 2004 12:56 PM

It is a larger pool. Half the water is chlorine and half salt water. Not sure if it is 50-50.(??) It also is quite active, not as active as a jacuzzi however. There is also these tubes you lay on. I didn't personally think they were so dynamic.

gail Feb 19th, 2004 01:33 PM

Thanks for the explanation, diann - but what is the purported "therapy" part of it.

Gardyloo Feb 19th, 2004 03:18 PM

It does wonders for your Thalasso. Although my wife's hasn't been the same since.

diann Feb 19th, 2004 04:05 PM

Gail, I believe it has to do with a Greek concept, the natural properties of the sea. Mainly salt water. From that we are suppose to be more relaxed, unwind, detoxify your body. Something along those lines. (A few glasses of wine would probably have the same effect.) I did like the pool. It was relaxing and I went in everyday on the cruise.

txchic Feb 22nd, 2004 01:06 PM

Does anyone know if this pool is available on the Infinity cruise through Panama Canal? Is it free? Do you have to make reservations for it?

Gardyloo Feb 22nd, 2004 06:30 PM

It's free, it's big, no reservations.

Rosemary1 Feb 22nd, 2004 08:36 PM

My husband and I used it on the Celebrity Century and LOVED it. Funny thing was, it totally dyed my husband's swim trunks a very strange color. Didn't affect my suit at all, never did figure that one out!