tahiti

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 06:30 PM
Anne

tahiti

Which cruise line would you recommend for crusing tahiti and the surrounding islands?

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 08:21 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Anne, <BR> <BR>You should price Renaissance and Radisson. <BR> <BR>Take a look at the itinerary of each and the price of the shore excursions and tipping. <BR> <BR>At first glance Renaissance will look very reasonable but the added charges will bring up the costs considerably. The food will be average, the entertainment is practically nill but the ship is elegant. <BR> <BR>Radisson is the cream of the crop. Never any complaints from the masses. Most knowledgeable for that itinerary. <BR> <BR>Paul <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 01:22 AM
Angelo

Last May I cruised on the R3 Renaissance ship to Tahiti and had a great time. This cruise was tied for the best cruise I have been on. (Alaska was the other great one) The Ship was beautiful and I met many nice people and even a member of the staff that I still keep in touch with. I like the open seating policy so that you can dine when and with who you want to. The R3 has five different dining choices from buffets to the normal cruise dining, with two resturants that you have to make reservations in. Reservations were never a problem. They like you to make them 24 hours in advance. The food was great especially in the "Grill" Resturant. I am looking forward to cruising on the Renaisssance Line again. I do agree with Paul that the entertainment could have been better. I have never cruised on the Radisson Line and I am sure it is also great. Which ever Line you choose I hope that you have a great time.The South Pacific is beautiful and you will love it.

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 09:36 AM
John

Not everybody's cup of tea, but you might take a look at the Aranui, the cruise/freighter service to the Marquesas. http://www.aranui.com

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Rachel

I also cruised on Renaissance. My husband and I were on the R4 this past April and we loved it. We thought the service was fantastic, the ship was beautiful, and the people we met were great. <BR> <BR>About the extras that Paul mentioned, it all depends on you. We are not drinkers at all (maybe just a cocktail one night) so we would have hated knowing we were subsidizing all the drinkers on board. We also did many of our shore excursions on our own, which was also much cheaper. <BR> <BR>I don't know how old you are but that may be a factor. From what I understand, Radisson attracts a slightly older crowd. We are younger (in our mid-twenties) and found that there were quite a few people our age to socialize with, etc. <BR> <BR>I am sure that both are lovely. We had a great time.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 07:50 PM
Fran

<BR>Rachel, <BR> <BR>Please tell us more about what you did on your own in the society islands.