Reload this Page >

Straw Market gone ??

Search

Straw Market gone ??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 09:01 AM
Pat

Straw Market gone ??

Heard the Straw Market in Nassau burned down in September 01 is this correct? Info. please.

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Patricia

Yes, it did burn down. I heard from a friend that just returned from a cruise that the market has been relocated down the street about a block and all the original vendors are there. It is now set up under a tent.

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 09:35 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Pat,<BR><BR>The new straw market is almost finished at the original site.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 06:41 AM
mary

We were in Nassu a few weeks ago, and the straw market is being relocated into a large building that they are almost finished building by the cruise pier. This is according to a vendor at the market that we were talking to.

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 07:52 PM
Toto

We were just in Nassau last week. The old Straw Market is completely gone and they have moved it to a tent area just down the street. There were NO SIGNS of any permanent re-building on the old or any new site. In fact the old site is just sitting there with nothing on it but you can see the burned areas still on the old concrete building that housed part of it. If you would like to see photos of how it looked before and the front of where it is located now, go to www.cruise-addicts.com and enter the photo gallery. The pictures are posted under Millennium Madness Cruise 11-4-2001.<BR>Toto

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 08:47 PM
Paul Therault

Thanks for the info Toto. The Caribbean News I receive in my office states the new Straw Market is just about finished. <BR><BR>Possibly the tent is the "new" site.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Hatethat

I was thrilled to read that that Straw Market was gone. I'm not fond of Nassau but that Straw Market and all those people hounding you is a miserable way to spend a vacation. Why oh why did they rebuild!