Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Sports Deck on Celebrity Century - Inside Cabin??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Pattie

Hi,<BR>We have a cabin being held on the Celebrity Century and I am hoping I can get some educated opinions on whether this would be a good location. We decided to cheap out on the cabin and go for an Inside. This is the top deck that has cabins, down the hall from the Video Arcade and the Sky Bar. It is Cabin 1217. Our TA says we might not like it because it is close to the Arcade. I can't see much of a problem, but have been lower on the ship on our last 2 cruises. <BR>What do you think?? There are other inside cabins available on lower decks.<BR>Thanks a lot for you help!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 03:10 AM
Mary

Pattie: When is your cruise?<BR><BR>We are going on Century this weekend (11/23 - 11/30). I could check out the area if you want and report back.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 04:17 AM
Dawn Ct.

If Celebrity is anything like Galaxy, the arcade is rather small and often, late at night, I would walk by and see no one in it. Personally, I don't mind an inside cabin. I get up as the sun is coming up and return only to the cabin to change or to sleep.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Pattie

Hi Mary,<BR>Thanks for your reply. We are going Jan.25/03, but I have to let them know by 11/22 if we are going to take that cabin. I would really appreciate a report anyway if you don't mind. That would be great! Enjoy your cruise. Are you going Eastern or Western?<BR>I agree with you Dawn, we have had one inside cabin and 2 outside and it really wasn't that important to me. Mind you a balcony would be nice, but that doesn't fit in with my cheapo budget. Or maybe even a suite.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Mary

Pattie: We are doing the Western Caribbean. I'll post here when I get back. Can't say anything about inside cabins since we've always had outside cabins, but I know you'll really enjoy the cruise.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Cruiser

Pattie--If the arcade is frequented by mostly teenagers, I would guess that the end of Jan. there would be very few cruising. Therefore, down the hall from the arcade should not be noisy.<BR> <BR>But also nothing wrong with inside cabins on lower decks. I spent two weeks last month on the lowest deck of the Century and it was fine, too!! Very quiet and cheap!!!<BR> <BR> Happy cruising!!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Pattie

We can get a cabin on a lower deck (inside) for the same price as the inside on the Sports Deck, but I just wasn't sure if it would be a good location. My TA said she didn't originally reserve that one because she didn't think I would want it near the Arcade. Personally I didn't see a problem, but thought maybe I was missing something, so thought I would ask you fellow Fodorites for your usual great advice. I think we will go for it!<BR>Thanks to all who replied!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:39 PM
nic

Hi Pattie!!<BR>i'm assuming like most people you dont spend much time in the cabin.. being mainly to sleep.. and since the arcade is mainly used by kids/teens and not frequented late at night when you need it to be quiet it should be

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 09:49 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Pattie,<BR><BR>Why spend the extra money to get an inside cabin on the Sports Deck. Get the most reasonable one on the lower deck. The elevators will take you where you want to go in minutes.<BR><BR>Also if you are closer to the pool and the buffet, you will still have to take and elevator to get down to the promenade and dining room.<BR><BR>An inside cabin is an inside cabin - same size, same view.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Pattie

Paul,<BR>Actually the inside cabin is the same price on the Sports deck to an Inside on the lower decks. Seemed to me that maybe it might be a better location, but my TA didn't offer that cabin, and when I saw it was available on Celebrity's site, I asked her about it. She said she didn't think we'd want to be there?? <BR>We did end up taking it as I didn't seem to get any negative feedback here.<BR>Can you tell me what else is on that deck? The layout says &quot;Hemishere&quot; but I haven't a clue what that is. <BR>Thanks,<BR>Pattie

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Cruiser

Pattie-<BR>The Hemisphere is a lovely lounge area, with lots of glass around the perimeter, facing the bow of the ship. Comfortable seating areas and a bar make it a popular place. We had our Cruise Critics party there on one of my sailings in Oct.<BR><BR>Many people seem to enjoy it as we are sailing into and out of the ports as a great vantage point.<BR><BR>I think you will love the Century!!

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 08:19 PM
Pattie

Thanks Cruiser,<BR>I am excited and looking forward to the Century. I have read a lot of good things about it.<BR>The Hemisphere sounds great. Nice to have it on the same level! What else is on that deck? What is between the cabins and the Hemisphere? Doesn't say what it is just shows a big 'rectangle&quot;? You know the old saying - curiousity killed the cat!!<BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Cruiser

I enjoy a website at www.icruise.com<BR>It shows the deck plans for many ships, menus, room capacities, etc. You might wish to take a look to satisfy that curiosity you have!! <BR><BR>The big rectangular area looks like the location of the (maybe) stacks that stick out the top. I am sure someone has the technical term. I never hung around that area too much, sorry!<BR><BR>With the upper decks, you are going to feel more motion as compared to that lower deck. With elevators, don't worry about being far away from anything.<BR><BR>Either inside location would work for me.<BR><BR>Enjoy your research and cruise!! Be sure to report back to us when you return. Reviews are fun and informative to read. Have fun!!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2002, 09:55 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Pattie,<BR><BR>Nice that you received the same price for the sports deck cabins.<BR><BR>Don't worry about the &quot;big rectangle.&quot; That is an open space over the pool area. Those little &quot;rectangles&quot; on each side are the loungers.<BR><BR>I would be a tad concerned that you are over the galley for the buffet. Granted you are above the galley (better than below) but you may hear noises since they work all night cleaning and the food preparation sarts at 4AM. <BR><BR>Try to get cabins 1223 or 1227 and you will be sure to be safe.<BR><BR>You definitely will not hear the arcade. It is too far away.<BR><BR>If either of those two cabins are not available go to midship on the Vista Deck. Two decks down from the pool and buffet. Two decks up from the upper promenade (entertainment).<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 11:23 AM
Anna Akins

We had an inside cabin on the Century. Only complaint (and a small one) is that we were near an elevator and people would chitchat waiting to get on. Not good if I was trying to nap. No problem at all with ship noises. This time I'm going to try to learn to deal with earplugs. The Century is a great ship. You'll have a wonderful time.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Lois

Hi Pattie, I am going on the Centry in May and Paul was helping me on another question about choices of ships<BR>everything sounds so good now!<BR>You are going the end of this month?<BR>Have a great time.<BR>Hey Paul I am going to have to have an inside cabin ( most affordable for my budget)-the 2 rooms you suggested? Those are nice then?<BR>Thanks@

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 09:36 AM
x

For all you insiders, be sure to bring a nightlight. (You can put it in the bathroom if you don't want it in the room, and if you forget it when you are packing, no big deal since they cost only a dollar or so.) When the lights are turned off, the inside is pitch black.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Linda

Mary,<BR>We had a sky suite on 12 on the Century and that deck is perfectly fine, other than, you can hear people jogging on the deck above you. Perhaps only on the outside of the ship. Your inside cabin should be perfect, and you are only steps away from a wonderful outside view. The Century is one of my favority ships. Enjoy.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 01:06 PM
Debbie

Has anyone stayed in the aft Cat. 3 cabins? They used to called family cabins and I heard they bigger with a room divider separating the bed from the sofa area

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Paul Therault

The Cat. 3 aft cabins may appear to be larger than the other Cat. 3 cabins on the Century, but they are not. They are not as wide. They will hold four passengers. I do not recall whether they have a curtain between the bedroom and the sitting area. The family ocean-view staterooms on the Galaxy are not Cat. 3's but do have a divider between the bedroom and sitting area.<BR><BR>Paul

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -