Splendour of the Seas-RCL

Oct 20th, 2000, 03:57 AM
Rose Wallace

Splendour of the Seas-RCL

My husband and I are planning to go on a 7 night cruise on the Spendour of the Seas departing from Venice and going down the Adriatic Coast towards the Greek Islands which include Mykonos, Rhodes, Athens and also to Croatia and then back to Venice, during their summer months. I would appreciate if anyone who has travelled on the Spendour of the Seas let me know what this ship is like and what to expect. As well as if anyone has done this cruise or anything similiar to let me know if it is a good choice. There are 2 other couples that want to join us, so any information to this particular ship and destination would be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Rose

Sep 5th, 2005, 11:34 AM

This is an old post from someone else but we were thinking of doing the same cruise in June 2006. Anyone been on the ship and want to share their experinces.

Thanks.
Sep 5th, 2005, 11:49 AM

We cruised with this ship but it was in 2002, a bit ago. Our itinerary was the western Med. The ship itself is pretty nice as was the service. The food was good but not great. I have seen better. For more info go to: www.cruisecritic.com. You will find alot of info there. You might also go to: www.cruisecrazies.com. Bon voyage, Larry
Sep 5th, 2005, 01:56 PM

I visited several of these ports on a different ship and LOVED it. Dubrovnik was a wonderful surprise; absolutely beautiful. We walked the walls surrounding the medieval city, then strolled (toward town and hotels) and saw gorgeous views of the beaches and coast.

Loved Mykonos and Rhodes, as well. Part of the day in Mykonos, I took a public bus to Psarou beach. It was everything I imagined. I walked back to town (several miles at least -- you may prefer the bus) and stopped for lunch in a lovely cafe. I want to go back!

FYI, Rhodes was small and we really didn't need to have taken the tour. I could have easily found the same sights and museums -- and would have preferred being at my own pace.

You'll have a great time.
Sep 5th, 2005, 04:52 PM

We just got back from a 7-day cruise on Splendour of the Seas to W. Med.
The ship is old and showing its age. The sauna did not work for 2 days. If you are looking for gourmet food, there is none. The food in the dining room is plain and in the Windjammer is below average. Service was also average. This was our first time with RCCL and thought may be RCCL just do not measure up with other lines. But a couple at our dinner table were on 3 cruises with RCCL and thought this one was the worse for service and food. We still enjoyed the trip. The ports of call were all very nice. So if these are the ports you want to visit, go for it. If you are in for more relaxation on the ship, you may want to look for another ship.
Sep 6th, 2005, 12:52 AM

Join the RCCL Mediterranean Group & Message Boards at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/royal_...terranean/join for reviews & views