Sov. of Seas over Labor Day

Jun 2nd, 1999, 10:13 AM
val

Sov. of Seas over Labor Day

In honor of my mom-in-law's 70th, 16 of us aged 3 years to 70 years (!) will be cruising the Caribbean on Sovereign of the Seas over Labor Day weekend. We're looking for insider tips on how to make the most of the cruise. Ports include RCCL's private island Coco Cay and Nassau. What to do on board and in port? Our big family doesn't have to do EVERYTHING together on the trip...Thanks!

Jul 21st, 1999, 11:00 AM
Judy

My boyfriend and I will be on the same ship and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the best scuba spots at the ports???? If you haven't ever been diving, I would suggest you give it a try (even if you just do one of the resort dives). It is the most amazing experience and is opening your mind to an entirely different world!!!

May 25th, 2000, 05:33 AM
Jenine

At Nassua...go straight for the big hotel. I think it's called Nautica. You'll see it easily from the doc. It's not listed on any of RCI stuff. A travel agent suggested it to us. It has a wonderful aquarium and is an incredible place. Take a taxi over there. Our driver told us lots of interesting things. It's something everyone in the family will enjoy.

At Cococcay, unless you are into snorkeling or some other rougher activities, rent a raft. Or stroll around the small island. Our group went parasailing and it's one of the neatest things I've ever done. I'm 37 and have 4 kids. So this was really an unusual thing for me to do.

For a short cruise on an older ship, everything was done quite well. Enjoy!

Search this Thread