Dinning issue

Old Nov 11th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dinning issue

I have a reservation for my mother and myself in a Royal Caribbean cruise departing from San Juan in January. My brother and uncle later decided to join us and now we are wondering if we will be able to sit in the same table during dinnertime. Customer service from Hotwire told me that they can make a note on my reservation to indicate the issue but there is no guarantee. This is our very first cruise so we are not familiarize with cruise logistics…Any suggestions of what can we do?
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 03:12 AM

You might not know what table you all have until you get your sign 'n sail cards. You get these when you check in. The time, dining room and table should be on those. If you are not together go directly to the Maitre'd when you get on board. He will be in one of the dining rooms for people to make changes, etc. You can ask at the purser's desk where and what time he'll be avaialble for this. This usually starts at 1pm. He has a computer that shows where everyone on the ship will be sitting and can put you all together. The earlier you get in line for this, and it may be long, the better chance of getting 4 seats together. If all else fails, you can always eat together in the buffet.
You can also ask questions on cruisecrtitic.com, a VERY comprehensive and very safe cruise site.
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 03:38 AM

You need to LINK these two reservations up NOW. First try through your booking agent, then attempt to do so direct with RCI. Upon getting on the ship, verify your seating, if not the same, then there will be open hours for changes in the dining room. Tip, and request a common table for all of you.
Old Nov 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM

I agree w/BudgetQueen.
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

I was able to link both reservations, they called it cross reference.

Thanks a lot for all your help!