Is it possible?

Old Dec 30th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible?

Is it possible to take a cruise from Galveston to Progreso, leave the ship for a couple of months, say November, then get on the ship in March for a trip back to Galveston?

Husband doesn't like to fly, I don;t like to drive but I was thinking of renting or buying a home in the area. I guess I don't see a problem leaving Galveston as we are checking in and can do customs in Progreso, but it's the getting back on board to return home as I will not be checking in in Galveston.

Thoughts.
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 09:58 AM

Assuming you could find a cruise line that offers an itinerary that leaves from Galveston and stops in Progreso (and eventually returns to Galveston) it should be possible but you’d have to first get the OK from the cruise line (some are licensed to allow passengers to disembark at intermediate Ports of Call while other are not.

Now, assuming you can get the OK you’ll have to be prepared to pay the cost of the entire cruise for you and your spouse for both the trip out and the trip home even though you’ll only be on board for a partial trip since the cruise line won’t be able to fill your cabin after you leave the ship on your way to Progreso or before you board again for your return trip. In other words it will cost you twice as much to make the trip you have in mind.
Old Dec 30th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. have been to Porgreso a couple of times out of Galvesgton and will be going in a few weeks as well, so will check with Carnival for future trip where we might gt to stay. Appreciate your thoughts.