Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Song of Flower - irons available? (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/song-of-flower-irons-available-254700/)

joanne Aug 30th, 2002 05:47 PM

Song of Flower - irons available?

Scheduled for Nov. 24 cruise and am wondering if there are irons available for us to use. On all the other radisson ships we have been on, there has been a laundry room with irons. Should I pack one?<BR>Thank you.

Paul Therault Aug 30th, 2002 08:28 PM

Hi Joanne,<BR><BR>There is no self-service laundry room on Song of Flower.<BR><BR>Best to purchase a small hand-held lighweight steamer.<BR><BR>Paul

joanne Sep 1st, 2002 05:05 PM

Thank you, Paul for your reply.<BR>I know there's no self service laundry room, but I was wondering if perhaps there is an iron at the pursur's/housekeeping desk that the passengers can use.<BR>I do have a travel iron, but I was hpoing to not have to bring it to save room in my luggage.<BR>Any info. on this?<BR>Anyone have any other info. on the ship is appreciated, too. Thanks. I remember someone posting that the ship is a little old.

Paul Therault Sep 1st, 2002 09:39 PM

HI Joanne,<BR><BR>I do not know if the Song of Flower has irons available to borrow. Have your travel agent make the inquiry.<BR><BR>Although the ship was built in 1974 but do not ever believe that Radisson will let it deteriorate.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

David Sep 11th, 2002 01:37 PM

Don't know about the irons but I do know about the ship. It is not new but much of it was recently refurbished and it was lovely. Food was the best we have had at sea. Our only complaint was the "half bathtub" which was difficult to get in and out of . A regular shower would have been easier. All in all, we loved the ship and its age did not bother us.

joanne Sep 11th, 2002 02:03 PM

David,<BR>Thanks for your info. When did you sail?<BR> Was the half tub long enough to lie down for a bath, or just made for short people?<BR>You said the food was the best you have had on a ship. That sounds very good as I enjoy eating alot, and a lot. Have you been on other Radisson ships?<BR>What ships are you comparing the Song of Flower with, if not Radisson?<BR>What cabin category were you in?<BR>Was the cabin quiet?<BR>Any more insights you can share?<BR>We sail on Nov. 24 and I can hardly wait. Already started packing.<BR>Thanks again. Joanne<BR>

catherine Sep 26th, 2002 06:47 PM

Hi Joanne,<BR><BR>I took the Song of Flower last spring. I can't remember if there were irons available but do know that if you bring an iron or curling iron, etc... you'll need a converter which you can get on board though they are limited so act fast. <BR><BR>The food was excellent as was the service. I found the rooms to be just OK and a little noisy but I had a crying baby next door. I was also in the lowest category. Though this ship's decor wasn't as nice as what I had cruised before (Celebrity's Century) the service, small ship atmosphere and not being nickle and dimed for everything more than made up for it.<BR>The alternative restaurant was very good be sure to book it when you get on board.<BR><BR>I liked Radisson so much that I'm going on the Voyager next May. You'll have a great time.

joanne Sep 27th, 2002 11:40 AM

Hi Catherine,<BR>Thank you for the info. on the iron. I have one packed and will go to the pursur's right away to get the converter.<BR>Do they limit you on dining in the alternate dining room? Hope not.<BR>We were on the Navigator in 2000, S.F. to Sydney and it was wonderful. You will love it. Enjoy.<BR>J

joanne Sep 27th, 2002 11:42 AM

Sorry, I misread your post as Navigator instead of Voyager. We are planning on going on Voyager next year also.

Hobo2` Oct 11th, 2002 12:47 PM

Oh Dear Joanne! They've 86ed our cruises on the Song of Flower. I'd tried to reply to your message way back in Sept. as I was expecting to be leaving Song of Flower the day you were boarding. Today I got word-- no cruise! How terribly disappointing for so many of us; I guess we wwere so few!<BR>We were to board in Barcelona and stay on when the next segment began in Tenerife. OUr flight was to be Nov2. NOW what?

joanne Oct 13th, 2002 02:14 PM

Hobo,<BR>What on earth are you talking about? Is this some kind of joke? Are you saying that the Song of Flower isn't making the Nov. 24, So. America cruise? Where did you get your information? Please respond ASAP.<BR>This isn't Nolt & Joy playing a trick on us is it?

sandy Oct 13th, 2002 03:06 PM

This is no joke. i am a travel agent. the following bulletin was posted on our network last week:<BR>"Radisson Seven Seas Cruises has announced the cancellation of the Song of Flower's South American season due to low occupancies. The ship will remain in Europe and re-enter service in April, 2003. The affected voyages are between November 3rd and April 14th. "<BR>Sorry!<BR>