Single Share any Advice

Apr 24th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Linda

Single Share any Advice

Does anyone have any information on the single-share that Princess Cruises offers.I'm

Apr 28th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Linda

Hey something happened to my computer when I was posting my message.Anyway my mother is doing a single share on the Princess Cruise Line and I'm concerned about this---isn't there someone out there that has ever done a singe share program.Please respond.

Apr 28th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Sally

My first share went well, we were approx the same age. However, the second time I did this was not good: she snored and was quite different. Fortunately for me, after I was too late to have breakfast in the dining room, one of the ships staff suggested I speak with the purser. They gladly gave me my own cabin. (I must have looked really tired). What a relief! This was possible as they were to have a full ship but several passengers didn't make it due to storms in Dallas. That is exactly where I came in from but had come in early to spend time on Vancouver Island. I was quite lucky.

Apr 28th, 2001, 07:32 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Linda,

I have booked hundreds of singles. The percentage is 80% good and 20% not so.

The younger passengers seem to adapt the best. Older are more set in their ways and get offended often.

About 30% of the passengers that book shares end up with a cabin by themselves. Most book to take this gamble.

I had a single gentlemen (men are better at this) who booked a world cruise and was with his roommate for 274 days. Although I did advise him not to take the chance .... he did it and loved it.

You have quite a decision to make. Sit down and write all the positives and negatives you think you will encounter and then decide. No one can really help you.

Good luck,

Paul

Apr 28th, 2001, 07:45 PM
Laurie

Linda:
As a cruiser who travels alone sometimes, I am glad that single shares still exist on some lines. It is better than paying the single supplement. I have roomed with people who may not have been the same age, but we got along very well. Plus, considering the clientel of Princess, I sure your mother , if she has to share a cabin, will be with a person who probabably ok.

Apr 29th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Tom

I am wondering how much of a difference in price you are talking about and what your mother's age is?
I've heard of several instances where a person was locked out of their cabin as their cabin mate met someone who they wanted to be alone with.

Apr 29th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Linda

In response to Tom, my mother is 77 years old and the difference in cost is
$1300., quite a bit of difference, that
she's not willing to pay.Thanks to all
the responses, its good to know that a
majority of the single share's work out
good.But since we will be going at Christmas time I doubt if there will be too many open cabins. Thanks again to everyone that answered.