shore excursions in western Caribbean

May 31st, 2009, 04:11 AM
Original Poster

shore excursions in western Caribbean

Going on Carnival to Western Caribbean in late June/early July. Any suggestions for shore excursions to Beize, Roatan Island, and Grand Cayman? Early teens, late teens, and activity-loving adults. Have tentatively booked cave/jungle adventure with zipline in Beize. My daughter would love something involving dolphins and other animals. Thinking about glass-bottom kayaks. Any comments or suggestions?
May 31st, 2009, 07:54 AM

In Grand Cayman, we enjoyed snorkeling with the sting rays.
May 31st, 2009, 10:40 AM

Hi runrosie,

In Belize we did the cave tubing and absolutely loved it. We booked it with http://cave-tubing.com and in Cayman we did take a snorkeling excursion that involved 3 stops and one of them was with the sting rays. My husband loved it but I must say my daughter and I were scared and hop back on the boat and watched instead

Have fun.

Lise
http://carib-cruises.com
Jun 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM

If I may... will January be OK time to do a Western Carrybean cruise? Looking at those going out of Florida with a mandatory stop in Belize.
Jun 5th, 2009, 02:43 PM

I second the cave tubing in Belize, it was great! We booked it through Carnival. TO Dayenu, I personally would not cruise in January, weather is to unpredicatable for me, yet alot of people do do it.
Jun 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Any other ideas for Belize or Roatan? We're going in late December on Carnival's Legend.
Jun 20th, 2009, 11:01 AM

Dayenu, re weather in january, mu hubby and i have been cruising since the past 5 years the first two weeks in january and never had bad weather, actually only one day last year on the return to miami, so I would not worry
Jun 20th, 2009, 10:32 PM

Thank you! I figured, it's better to go even if the weather is not so good then to stay at home, January is the only month I can do it, so... will post a report at the end of that month
Aug 16th, 2009, 03:56 PM

Runrosie-
How was your cruise? Which excursions did you decide on and who did you book with?
Sep 22nd, 2009, 03:05 PM

Those of you who did the tubing in Belize -
Were there any alligators, snakes or other creepy crawlys along the river? It never occured to me as a possibility till my DIL mentioned it.
I know - it's a dumb question, but once she brought it up...

Search this Thread