Shore Excursions in the W. Med.

Jul 11th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Shore Excursions in the W. Med.

On a Holland America cruise we'll be visiting Ceuta, Almeria, Barcelona, Palma, Marseilles, Monaco, Livorno and Palermo.

We'd prefer to explore on our own or take local tours. On an Alaska cruise, good tours were available at reduced rates (compared to the cruise line) at dockside. Is that true of the above places?

Jul 11th, 2004, 01:31 PM

On our Med. cruise, which included Livorno and Monaco, we did it on our own and saved quite a bit. There should be plenty of cabbies/local tour operators waiting at the pier. Do it on you r own. I think it is so much better because you are on your own time, it is private and cheaper.
Jul 26th, 2004, 10:05 AM

hi, I,m going on galaxy to naples,messina,santorino,mykinos,nice genoa(7/15/05) Any suggestions on shore trips( except naples). book our own? I was thinking that I'd like to see monte carlo. get a guide or go on our own?
Sep 30th, 2004, 05:00 PM

check out driverinrome.com

we have booked them for our cruise in may and heard good things on this site and from friends.
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:54 AM

To Roland1. I'm also going to be on the Galaxy July 15, 2005. My maiden name was Roland!! Curious.