Reload this Page >

ship or private tour in St Petersberg?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 02:22 PM
Ellie

We will only be in St. Petersberg for 2 days and want to maximize our sightseeing. Has anyone had experience with the half day private car tours sponsored by the cruise line? Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 12:50 PM
x

Um, Florida or Russia?

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 04:22 PM
Vern

We are sailing on the Crown Princess on<BR>July 15th (we hope. Have been reading about ship breakdowns...eek) We have booked both days with private tour in St. Petersburg. We decided to do it because of all the positive things that we had read on other BB's and forums from people that had 'been there and done that'. Everyone says that it was worth every penny. Plus, think of this: How many times do plan to go to Russia? We decided we were not going to get skimpy.

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 05:11 PM
Pat

We sailed on the Crown Princess last year to Scandinavia/Russia and had a private guide for two days in St. Petersburg. In my opinion, it is absolutely the best option. Guides maximize your time and allow for a more personal and enjoyable experience tailored to your wishes.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 09:06 AM
MHS

Vern -- we will be following you (provided the Crown still sails!) -- please post your experiences when you return. We may overlap a few days here "at home" between your return and our departure, Aug 2. <BR>Can you share any itinerary plans you have for those two days? Do you have any info on tipping? on lunch? <BR>We have reserved a car for 1 day. <BR>Thanks

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Vern

I will give all info I can upon <BR>return. Lv tomorrow JUL 8th for <BR>precruise land tour before sailin <BR>on 15th. Taking my oars with me!

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 08:26 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Ellie, <BR> <BR>I booked the evening tour and it was extraordinary. The driver and guide were very experienced. You will visit many places the ship's tour does not take you and you will have plenty of time for taking photos. <BR> <BR>Save the ship tour to visit the Petrodvorets. <BR> <BR>Paul