Seven Seas Voyager

Oct 13th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Seven Seas Voyager

My husband and I are going on the Seven Seas Voyager on Ocotober 25. Our ports of call are: Venice, Hvar, Taormina. Sicily, Sorrento, Rome and Monte Carlo. We are taking the train at the end of the cruise for three days in Paris before flying back to Atlanta.
Have you been on the cruise? Impressions and thoughts. And any helpful insight on our ports of call would be much appreciated.

Oct 13th, 2004, 04:13 PM

I have done this cruise on the Voyager with similar port stops as you. We also stopped at Dubrovnik (GREAT place) and Corfu (nothing special). I did a detailed write up on the Voyager cabins on www.cruisecritic.com. You can read it here:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=74007

You will really love this ship and the entire itinerary!
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:31 AM

We have done this cruise on Voyager in October. Petlover's write-up will spell it all. There is a great webcam in the old part of Sorrento. If your friends want to see you at about 9 a.m. EST, 3 p.m. Italy time, and print you on the computer, go to ;-
www.camcentral.com Under "find", type Sorrento, click search, click the 2nd. item. It's a fun thing.
Oct 15th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your responses! This is the first time I've done this and just what you have told me so far has been wonderful!
Neviboy...what was the weather like on the cruise and in port in Oct?
and what do you recommend to pack for the cruise and touring. Is it pretty dressy or casual?
Any suggestions on shore excusions at any of the ports?
Thanks for your help!
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

OK...a few more questions.
We are going to port in Civitavechhia on Sun. 31st. My husband and I have been to Rome many times. Are there other options other than going into Rome when in port here? If so details on transport etc.
Also...
I'm curious about the port of Hvar, Croatia. Any recommendations on what to do here?
If you have done this cruise in late Oct and early Nov. how is the weather?
Thanks!
Nov 17th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

We are back from the cruise and all I have to say is that it was the best cruise I've ever been on! Everything about it was first class and wonderful. Food, wine, our cabin, the staff! Anyone thinking of going on this cruise line must do so! You will love it!
Nov 19th, 2004, 05:26 PM

FYI, Taormina had the best shopping of all the ports on my recent cruise. I loved it there -- so quaint and charming. Also, a wonderful Greco-Roman amphitheatre with spectacular views. I'm jealous!