Reload this Page >

San Juan pre-cruise hotel info needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 1999, 05:28 AM
suewolf

Anyone stay at the Radisson Normandie Hotel - San Juan, Puerto Rico? They <BR>have a $135/night "believe it or not " rate, it seems too good to be true. <BR>I know they are closed until Jan 2000 to repair hurricane damage. Also Wyndham Old San Juan has rooms for $164/night. Which hotel is better? Beach would be nice but because we are going on Cruise not as important. <BR>Any comments appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Suewolf <BR>[email protected] <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 08:55 PM
Paul

<BR>I am a travel agent and I would advise you to choose Wyndam. It is across the street from the terminal and you could walk to your ship (except for Galaxy which is across the bay).

Old Jul 12th, 1999, 05:08 AM
wmz

We stayed at the Condado Plaza twice on Pre-cruise packages offered by Princess. We enjoyed the hotel very much. It's close to the ships. Princess arranged the transfers. The Wyndham also looked very convienient.

Old Jul 17th, 1999, 02:56 PM
Katie

We have booked 3 nights at the Wyndham Old San Juan before our cruise in September. We have been quoted a rate of $125.00/night with a AARP membership card. This was better than the AAA rate we originally researched. this might help.

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 06:54 AM
suewolf

Thanks for the info. We are also booked at the Wyndham Old San Juan. We were told the AAA rates are not yet available for our dates (May of 2000). Best we can get right now is 164/night(still beats the cruise add-on rates). We've got plenty of time to keep searching for better rates. Hope you have wonderful trip. <BR> <BR>Suewolf

Old Jul 24th, 1999, 10:43 AM
Dawn

I don't know about the Normandie, but I do have a little information about the other property...the Radisson on Ashford...it is only two blocks down from the Marriott. We are staying @ the Radisson after a 16 day Panamal Cruise in October 99. We are staying four days after the cruise, so I really didn't want to stay in just a "room," regardless of how nice it was. I got a 1 bedroom suite, balcony, fridge, for $125 a night!!!! Entertainment Card!!! <BR> <BR>Having two rooms is perfect for me and my husband because I like to get up and run and have my coffee while he is just considering turning over for the first time! No, it is not on a beach, something like 100 yards away. We don't care about that...we'll have just spent 16 days on our veranda watching all the water we can handle. <BR> <BR>Good luck.... <BR> <BR>Dawn