Reload this Page >

Anyone cruised solo?

Search

Anyone cruised solo?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Teresa

Anyone cruised solo?

I was supposed to cruise with my boyfriend next month on RCCL, Voyager of the Seas but we just split up and I don't know if I should still go. I'm still trying to see if any of my friends can go. Has anyone cruised solo before and did you still have a good time? I booked my cruise thru expedia so should I let them know if I'm going by myself. My ex is not interested to refund his money so if he doesn't want it, I might as well take it. Any advice you can give me?

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:59 AM
judy

Did it for years before I was married and it was no problem at all. In fact, the big prob was the single supplement, but that's not relevant in your case. Definitely go! You can't help but meet people and I really think being alone makes a person more approachable. I always had a group of buddies by the first formal night!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Peter

Read the post somewhere on this board about meeting strangers on cruises - you might want to meet up with John! Otherwise, the cruise lines may work like the airlines - for a $75 change fee you can give them the name of your best friend who can then come along instead of your ex.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:16 PM
Theresa

I sailed on Explorer by myself in December. I just needed to get away.<BR><BR>I had a blast! I wasn't into any of the singles things so I can't comment on any of those activities.<BR><BR>I just wanted to see some places and relax. Glad I went.<BR><BR>Explorer (sister of Voyager) is an amazing ship.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Cathy

Definitely go! I travel solo and with friends and I enjoy traveling alone. You actually meet more people as a single. If your boyfriend has already made the final payment and doesn't want a refund, great! You have just avoided the single supplement.<BR>If you can find a friend to go with you, great. If not, go anyway. The Voyager has so much to do, especially with the rock climbing wall and the great fitness classes, you will not be bored. I think as long as the cruise company has payment for two people in the cabin, they don't care if your boyfriend shows up or not!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Teresa,<BR><BR>As soon as you get on the ship call the info office and find out where the maitre d' is located. Have him find you a singles table with those your age. You will make instant friends on the first night. Make sure it is a large table since some will op to eat at the buffet on the first night.<BR><BR>Be sure to attend the singles mingle on the first night. The coordinators will make sure you will get to meet other singles. Join in the games and do not be shy.<BR><BR>If all above fails, simply sit at one of the bars in any lounge and guaranteed someone will sit next to you. Not necessarily one that you will like .... well you know the drill. There are hundreds on singles on the Voyager - all ages.<BR><BR>You will have a good time.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Sharon

Hi Teresa,<BR><BR>By all means GO!! You have a GREAT time. I have traveled solo for years and now find it difficult to travel with someone. I can what I want to do. I suppose that is called selfish and self-centered, right? LOL I can promise that you will not be bored and will have a blast. There is nothing quite like seeing new places on your own. <BR><BR>Paul was correct in stating that you should try to a large singles table on the first night. It is a nice way to meet people ASAP. <BR><BR>Have a great cruise, and I will be looking for your review of the cruise.<BR><BR>Happy sailing,<BR><BR>Sharon

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 12:02 PM
JB

Teresa,<BR><BR>The best trip I ever went on was to Club Med Solo. Granted CM is more singles oriented but going alone gave me confidence I never knew I had.<BR><BR>I got to know people quickly and had an awesome time.<BR><BR>You never know until you try!<BR><BR>JB