river cruises

May 19th, 2014, 10:33 AM
ita
Original Poster

river cruises

this is a similar question to another one I see which has received no replies. I hope I will be more lucky. We are taking a river cruise between Amsterdam and Basel at the beginning of November. We have to choose the line. Is Uniworld worth the extra $1000 over Viking?
May 19th, 2014, 01:21 PM

We have been on Viking but not Uniworld. We were very happy with Viking and would use them again if taking a river cruise.
May 21st, 2014, 02:02 PM

We've done that trip a couple of times. Once with Viking and another with Vantage. $1.000 not worth it. We always book the "cheap seats"on the river cruise because we are only in our cabin to sleep and clean up. We go to see the country not the room. Food on Vantage,Viking and Grand Circle are all the same. No notable difference. I would rather use the money toward another trip or the flight over. Types of people are the same. Maybe Grand circle a bit older. If you can, go for the Christmas markets if you haven't done them. We've done several and found them to be fun and festive.
May 23rd, 2014, 05:35 PM

We have taken river cruises with both Viking and Vantage. If the cost was the same, we would prefer Vantage. If there was a $1,000 difference, it would definitely be Vantage.

Search this Thread