Notices

Rental Car turn in at Miami Port?

May 13th, 2011, 08:03 AM
tmg
Original Poster

Rental Car turn in at Miami Port?

Does anyone know if there is a rental car turn in at the Miami Port? We are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale the night before our Miami cruise departure (May 20). Originally, I was going to use a near by Hotel and then go back to the airport and catch the shuttle to the port. But, I have waited too long to book the hotels and they have all gone up in price in Ft. Lauderdal, can stay in Miami for the same amount. Rental cars are still pretty cheap ( less than the shuttle) but I do not know if there is a place/or who may have a cruise return at the port. I have done the shuttle in the past.

Thanks
May 13th, 2011, 08:19 AM
tmg
Original Poster

Never mind....Think I have the answer...found that Hertz will shuttle us there and also found a shuttle that will take us to the Miami area hotels...now just have decide which way to go.
May 20th, 2011, 12:36 AM

Last summer, I rented from Alamo at the Miami airport location, and they also had a free shuttle to the port (running less frequently than their airport shuttles). I had planned to take a taxi after returning my car, which wouldn't have been very expensive, but FREE is always nice.

Of course, double check with Alamo that they still have the shuttle if it's important to you.

Search this Thread