Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Ready to admit..... (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/ready-to-admit-296955/)

Charlie Mar 12th, 2003 03:40 AM

Ready to admit.....

I've given it a chance by waiting for more then a month but I'm ready to admit that the Fodor's travel forums seem to have died.I used to stop by sevaral times a day and enjoy the banter (Paul & Peter) etc. but now it's hardly worth it.Here's hoping that time will heal what registration has damaged.

Hold Mar 12th, 2003 04:58 AM

Sorry Charlie, but I feel just the opposite. Yes, there is a lot less traffic, but it's because now you can't post something that you are not willing to sign your name to. The posts are picking up and the content is what it should be, relevent information and thoughts about cruises, not pot shots and name calling.

ParrotMom Mar 12th, 2003 05:15 AM

Somehow or other I still think Paul is lurking around. The board no longer has obnoxious posters. If you ask a question or post something pertinent it's is answered. There was a favorite Bermuda board that was taken over by trolls/idiots....sadly now it's gone. I've checked the new "Cruise Envy" and it's not to my liking...Thanks "Hold"..

maryann Mar 12th, 2003 06:14 AM

I agree with both of you. It's not what it was but it's not bad either.<BR><BR>Look at how many responses the Carnival thread received. There are people out there, maybe just looking, not responding, because nothing interests them.<BR><BR>Let's start a good general interest question.

Lenore Mar 12th, 2003 06:23 AM

This board is so boring since registration....there's just no action. Go to cruisecritic.com, cruisemates.com, cruiseaddicts.com or traveltalkonline.com. These all require registration too, but are much more lively. Cruise Critics is my new favorite. There's lots of banter AND lots of information.<BR><BR>By the way, Paul is back. I saw his posts on a topic about booking cabins.

Cruiser Mar 12th, 2003 07:03 AM

Check the date on that, Lenore. I think it was dated Jan.!!

Lenore Mar 12th, 2003 07:25 AM

Right you are Cruiser. His last post (that I could find) was dated Jan 27th. Wasn't that the same date the dreaded registration offically started?<BR><BR>Anyway, there's no denying that this board is practically dead. Thus, my straying to other forums.

Woodlin Mar 12th, 2003 05:47 PM

I just decided to try this site again after a long time.I just couldn't stand all the ugly sarcastic posts.It will be a really beneficial site now I think.The other cruising or travel sites have never had the tacky posts that this one had.I had a feeling that some of the posters were teenagers--not Paul.

Starfish Mar 12th, 2003 06:28 PM

CC has always been more lively. Some boards more than others. <BR><BR>This board has been lacking in traffic and I must admit boring. I liked the banter between Peter &amp; Paul.

ciaodeb Mar 17th, 2003 06:01 AM

I do not mind the registration but it seems planning this Alaska cruise there is not much action with fresh questions. The ones that pop up first are from weeks ago. When planning France ('99)and then Italy ('01)trips all was popping so quickly that your new question easily got pushed over the 50 mark or 100 mark within a day. I do know as many want to stay in USA, most ships are booked for summer Alaska cruises.