Norwegian Dawn on 11/30/2003

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2003, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going on the Norwegian Dawn in 11/30/2003. We have a balcony in the rear of the ship, think that's wise? Is the outdoor pool heated? It's going to be cold at least to Florida! No problem bringing alcohol on board in carryon in NY? Joshua
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 07:07 AM

Joshua, I can't help with your questions but we are planning to book a cruise on the Dawn in the spring. When you return would you please post your opinions about the ship? I would be grateful for any info you can give me. Thanks, Wags
Old Dec 11th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Wags
The ship was new, clean, and this was my first freestyle experience and I think it works. The weather was cold until Florida and coming back last Sunday we missed the storm my a day but the seas were rough and the weather was cold on the way back. But I pretty much expected that. My main question regarding heating the outside pool was never answered. I have a 4 year old and the only outside pool that was bearable for him was the kiddie pool on the rear. More later.
Regards,
Joshua
Old Dec 12th, 2003, 05:30 AM

Joshua, thanks for the update. If it was cold in Nov. I guess it will be cold in Mar.or Apr. I was thinking about a cabin with a balcony but why pay the extra money if it will be too cold to use it. As a "senior" I am wondering about the avg. age of the passengers. Were there a lot of kids?Was the cabin a comfortable size? How were the staff and entertainment? Any info on the ports? Hope you'll take the time to answer my many questions. Thanks again, Wags
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 03:50 PM

I'm hoping Joshua will post more!
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 09:28 PM

I did the Dawn in Feb of this year. We made a point of going before official "spring break" and there were few kiddies. To swim adults only you can go to the spa pool. Heated and very nice, there is also a jaccuzzi. The staff was fine and the entertainment was very good. I just loved the comedian, we saw him 2X's! The ports were just fine, did most of the touristy shore excursions. The only disappointment is that the food was very mediocre. I was hoping to be wowwed but it didn't happen. The Asian (pay) restaurant was probably the best. The buffet was bland and there were so many health code violations I was kinds wigged out. For example, I saw an employee pick up a piece of fruit from the floor with her gloves on & touch the floor, she then started cutting new fruit & then placed the pieces on a new plate. I'm sure that goes on all the time but I certainly like to think it doesn't happen. On a scale of 1-10 I'd rate it a 7 because of the entertainment only.
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 11:24 AM

PS Wags, we had a balcony cabin in the 1st week of Feb, and it was well worth it. Not cool at all. You should be fine in Mar.
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 05:41 PM

Thanks travelinwifey. I was hoping someone would say that!