RCCL Explorer Cruise 2/20 and Island Ideas

Feb 8th, 2005, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

RCCL Explorer Cruise 2/20 and Island Ideas

We are cruising on RCCL Explorer of the Seas Presidents week. In addition to getting some tips about the ship (never sailed on RCCL before) and it is my kids and hubbys first cruise, I am trying to find some "interesting" stuff to do on the above islands rather than following the hordes to town and the most popular beaches.

My older son is 15 - will he find stuff to do with the teen program onboard? Or do teens see themselves as too "cool" for it?

Island questions for those we have been...
We are in San Juan from 2 til Midnight. Is Old San Juan worth a look for the kids? Since we get in so late it is probably too late to hit the beaches - what other things are good to do for an afternoon?

St Maarten - Someone told me about Loterie Farm - They had said it had some time of wire - slide thing there. In all my research all I can find is the eco hikes. Does anyone have any other info? There are so many beachs on the island - what are some of the less crowded beaches that have good snorkelling where we could rent equipment and have something to eat as well?

St Thomas - Hubby is golfing at Mahogany Run and kids and I are doing the BOB in the am. I don't have an urgent need to drag them shopping in the afternoon so I will ask the same beach question as above for St Maarten.

If there is anything non-beachy that can be recommended that would be grea as well to give the kids a taste of the islands. I have been to all these places, but the kids have not.

Anyone else sailing on this cruise with kids in the 13-16 yr old range?

Search this Thread