RC Grandeur of the Seas

Search

RC Grandeur of the Seas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RC Grandeur of the Seas

Has anyone taken RC Grandeur of the Seas out of Tampa? How would it compare to other ships from same port. Never been on Royal Carribean. Thanks for any input. This trip would be early December.
Old Oct 18th, 2007, 04:58 AM

We cruised Grandeur out of Tampa in Feb. 2006. The port was easy to maneuver into/out of. We used "super shuttle" for service back and forth from the Tampa airport. The ship is mid-sized, I believe. It was beautiful and not too crowded. (that was a reflection of early Feb., too).

If you have specific questions, let me know.
Old Oct 19th, 2007, 02:38 PM

Have sailed on the Grandeur twice! Nice ship, smaller class. Having sailed on virtually all the cruise lines RCCL is one of our favorite. December is a great time to sail, we always cruise over Christmas but I'll bet there ar some great deals in early December before peak season. Have fun.
Old Oct 20th, 2007, 10:38 AM

We sailed Granduer of the Seas not from Tampa however. I love RC and have sailed on the Radiance and also the Celebrity Constellation which was fairly new at the time. I was not a big fan of the GRanduer sorry to say. Not sure if it is because I loved the Radiance(?) but when we boarded it didn't seem clean. Dirty glasses laying around, napkins straws on the floor. Our bed had sand in it the entire time even though sheets and all bedding were changed. I have sworn not to sail on an older ship ever again. We went for the itinerary and sometimes we go for the ship, and sometimes for the itinerary. We also went on Pride of Aloha, for Hawaii. We didn't like the ship or service or food but felt it was a great way to see Hawaii. We went on NCL Pearl last Jan. and it was a total different experience so the ship seems to make a difference. I am sure you will get good deals as I believe this ship was made in 99 so it is getting older.
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the input, it is very useful. They do have great deals out of Tampa in early Dec.
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 09:51 AM

Take a look at the Enchantment out of FLL as well. It's the same class ship, but it's been refurbished and "stretched" and has more to offer.