Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Radiance of the Seas Departing Valparaiso Nov 23.

Old Nov 5th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the beginning of our 24 day honeymoon getaway. I've been planning and researching since May. Anyone else going on this one?
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 08:08 AM

No, but congratulation on your marriage, and ahppy honeymooning
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 08:35 AM

You should go to cruisecritics.com and register if you aren't already. Then you can go to the cruise line section and then choose roll call. If there is anyone on your particular cruise posted there you can get together there. If not you can start your own thread for that cruise. Its a great way to exchange ideas and meet up on the ship if you want to.
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Original Poster

Traveller69

First off, great screen name.

Secondly, thank you sooo much for turning me onto that site. It took a couple of hours of my time this evening, but I found a whole gaggle of old folks going on the same cruise. And I also found out how those people end up getting invited to the meet and mingle. I never knew it was through that site.

I wish Royal Caribbean would have turned me onto this earlier. Thank you.
Old Nov 7th, 2008, 07:57 AM

Todd - you are welcome. I been using cruise critics for years and have learned so much about ports of call, private tours etc etc. We have been able to put together private land tours with fellow passengers ahead of time etc. Just a great forum. What is your itinerary? WE did Rio to Antarctica and disembarked in Valparaiso so did do some great land tours (privately) if you are interested. I remember a couple of them but can do some research to find out what the others were. Congratulations on wedding and do have a wonderful honeymoon!!
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

We are spending a couple of days in Santigao then leaving for 14 days - around the horn - ending in Buenos Aires. Spending 4 days there and then 3 days in the Argentine wine country of Mendoza before returning home. We will be logging in our shenanigans for all to see at :
http://todddenisehoneymoon.blogspot.com/
And thanks again for the cruise critic lead. We've got a group together for a private excursion from Puerto Montt up into the lakes district for about $10 per person where the line was charging $69 each. I've got all my reasearch done (FINALLY) and since I've been doing just that since May, I'm ready to just melt and go with whatever now.