Question abt bed size on Radisson Voyager

Jan 31st, 2005, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Question abt bed size on Radisson Voyager

Help! When I made reservations on Voyager, I inquired repeatedly to be sure the bed-size was king, not queen (restless sleepers-- can't manage queen) I"ve recently read (can't remember where..) that the bed is queen. If that's the case, I need to cancel asap. (Sorry if this detail sounds petty-- we truly can't sleep together in queen, and sleeping separately is no fun!) Would appreciate getting feedback from folks who've cruised Radisson Voyager. Are the beds in those cabins queen or king?? Thank you!!
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:53 AM

I've never hear of a King Size bed on a cruise ship, but then again, the highest level cabin I've ever booked was a balcony. Perhaps in a Suite? Maybe someone else can tell you more.... but most ships have twin size beds that are just pushed together if you like to sleep next to each other... would that help? Sorry I can't be of more help....
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:57 AM

OOOoops. You said Radisson Voyager and I read it as Voyager of the Sea. My mistake. I'm really not qualified to answer questions about this line. I know they are much more up-scale and as such may well be able to accomidate your request. Hope you can find a cruise that works to meet your needs ....
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:01 AM

Hi Poss,

Refreshing my memory with the brochure, it says (quote) " feature... European King-size beds ( which can have twin bed configuration),...."
In other words, 2 twins pushed together.
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to responders. I know that the brochure says "European king." What I don't know is what that term means. Please please-- if someone has been on Radisson Voyager, I'd much appreciate a response. Thanks everyone! (Sorry to be a nuisance.)
Jan 31st, 2005, 04:10 PM
katybird

I would call the cruise line again for clarification. We like a king bed as well but the 2 twins pushed together proved to be very comfortable. Of course, only you can be the judge of your comfort level.If worse comes to worst you can always have the twins separated.Ever hear of "lovers leap"?

Jan 31st, 2005, 05:11 PM

Hi Poss,

Don't worry, You're not a nuisance. It is what it says, two twins pushed together. It's not one King bed as in one unit.
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:51 PM

I'm use to sleeping on a King size bed at home as well. They do push 2 twin beds together to form one king. I actually prefer this way because if one gets up during the night, the rest of the bed doesn't jiggle. Also, I always request the egg crate mattress cover...very comfortable!
Feb 3rd, 2005, 03:41 PM

European King Size does not mean 2 singles pushed together. below is the standard european bed sizes.

single 3ft x 6ft 3in 90 x 190cm
double 4ft 6in x 6ft 3in 135 x 190cm
king 5ft x 6ft 6in 150 x 200cm
super king 6ft x 6ft 6in 180 x 200cm
Feb 5th, 2005, 09:02 AM

As been said, 2 twin beds make up a standard king size. I have a day bed with trundle in a spare room and when needed I push them together and place a king size mattress cover to hide the seam and then use regular king size sheets that fit perfectly.

And like newyorkgolfer said.....since they are technically two beds, when one person moves or gets up the other is not disturbed.
Feb 7th, 2005, 04:06 AM

letscruise...

yes, it has been said, but it is WRONG. The key word is "european". A european king is not even as big as two european singles pushed together(which are smaller than american "twin" beds). therefore, a european king is considerably smaller than two american twin beds pushed together.
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Well, then the description in RSSC's brochure of the bedding in Voyager as "European King" is wrong as it is 2 twins pushed together.
Feb 7th, 2005, 02:35 PM

Sorry walkinaround, I just spent a week at Hotel Dei Borgognoni in Rome and my wife and I had a "European King" and it was the size of two U.S. twin beds.
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM

Randy,

Did you like Dei Borgognoni? Last time we went to Rome we considered it but ended staying at Dei Mellini. Thanks
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:51 PM

Agree with the others....if there's a difference between 2 twins pushed together and 1 king, I didn't notice it when I was on the Voyager and I've slept in a king size bed for the past 15 years. Poss, I think you're worrying too much about this. Just go and have a great trip!
Feb 12th, 2005, 09:48 AM

curiseluv-
We had a wonderful room in Borgognoni with a private veranda, bathroom was large and had a reasonably sized closet. We asked for an interior room---much quieter than those that face the street. We got it and loved it. Location is great just about 3 blocks to Trevi and the staff at the hotel were wonderful. We paid about $300 EU and got a full American style buffet breakfast each morning. We were at the end of two weeks in Greece and Italy when we checked in we were beat. The beds in this hotel may be the most comfortable I've ever had in Europe. We got great sleep at night and had 4 wonderful days in Rome. I'd stay there again in a heart beat.

Search this Thread