Notices

QM2 Confusion ?? Help ??

Nov 10th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

QM2 Confusion ?? Help ??

We are booked in "Princess Grill" accomodations on the QM2 for the three night 4th of July cruise in NYC next year. I have a friend who emailed me from the QM2, she's on it now....also in the Princess Grill category. She said the ship is beautiful, but the Grill accomodation lounge is a joke...small area with a plate of cookies......AND....the food is the same in the Princess Grill as the Britania Dining Room.........she did hear the service is terrible in the Britania........I just don't know if it's worth spending the money for either the Princess accomodations or for the cruise at all........I would love to hear from anyone else who has sailed on the QM2. Thank you.
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:31 AM

Since it is only 3 nights and you usually don't spend that much time in the cabin maybe it would be worth it to drop to a Britannia cabin and use the extra money for spa treatments (or something nice from one of the on board shops). As for the Grill lounge...more action to be found in the "public" rooms and if you are looking for some solitude plenty of other spaces can be found on the ship.

I found the food to be acceptable in the Britannia and the service to be adequate (although two of my tablemates were very disappointed with the wine steward).

The ship is beautiful and that would be a great trip over the Fourth, but you have quite a bit to weigh.

Hope this helps.
Nov 11th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks tickie for your advice....

Search this Thread