Reload this Page >

QE2 for 50th wedding anniversary family celebration

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 02:17 PM
John

To celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary, my wife and I are contemplating taking our family of three children, their spouses and five teenage grandchildren on a transatlantic trip to England on the QE2. We do not have unlimited means and, of necessity, would have to travel in one of the lower fare categories. I would appreciate having the benefit of comments from anyone who has taken an extended family on the QE2 on a limited budget. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 08:46 AM
Andy

I have good friends who just got back from a back to back cruise on the QE2 from NYC to Southampton and back==THey stayed on the Caronia Deck and ate in the Caronia dining room--book the middle category on QW2 and not the cheapest nor the most exprensive- <BR>The dining rooms are class separated according to the level of the ship you are on--the Caronia dining is the best- and the people are very friendly--My freinds loved it so much that they are taking their 2 adult kids with them again in another year--QE2 does a Big bands cruise-that was in June of this year-and the water in June is usually terrific--it wasn't the least bit bumpy for my friends.