Pros and Cons of the Mercury

Jan 19th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Debbie Butler

Pros and Cons of the Mercury

We are considering sailing on the Mercury in April out of San Francisco along the CA coast to Cabo San Lucas with 2 kids (10 & 14). Is this a good ship for kids? Has anyone sailed this itinerary? Any other info on the Mercury would be great! Thanks!

Jan 19th, 2003, 01:49 PM
al

We were on the Mercury with two years ago with a 13 and 15 year old. Good children's program. Great ship, great service, great food. Entertainment was so so (with the exception of that provided by a few of the passengers) If you are happy with the itinerary I would do it.

Jan 19th, 2003, 02:09 PM
vc

I would hesitate to sail on any celebrity ship during spring break if your kids are over 15 and under 18. We had a group of 20 last spring break of which 5 were in that category and there was absolutely nothing to do for their age group and no planned activities. All teens have to leave the disco at 11 p.m. unless they are 18 or over.

Jan 20th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Paul Therault

I think your kids were pulling a fast one on you vc. There is a program for 16 and 17 year olds. I would take a guess they just wanted to hang out with their new friends, which is what older teens like to do.

I would hope they would have to leave the disco at 11 PM. It is an adult area where liquor is sold.

Paul