Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Pro's & Con's of Honeymoon Cruise?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/pros-and-cons-of-honeymoon-cruise-66777/)

Sarah Mar 28th, 2000 06:46 AM

Pro's & Con's of Honeymoon Cruise??

My fiance and I are thinking of a Carribean cruise for our honeymoon in December. We are trying to figure out if that's a better idea than going to just one island for a whole week. I'd love to hear what you all think...is a cruise a good bet for a honeymoon??? Thanks!

elaine Mar 28th, 2000 07:00 AM

Sarah, <BR>Having stayed on one island and also taking cruises, it's hard to advise as there are many pros/cons to both. Are you taking your honeymoon in early or late December? In early December,'99, we had friends who were in Virgin Gorda and they needed to be evacuated due to the hurricane. <BR>Which cruiseline are your considering, as this could be helpful in making recommendations. A cruise for a honeymoon is wonderful, as it is very relaxing. There are also wonderful islands and resorts. Did you have a particular island in mind? <BR>Let us know, as this may be helpful in others making suggestions. <BR>

Sarah Mar 28th, 2000 07:25 AM

Elaine... <BR>We are getting married on the 15th of December...so we want to leave <BR>My fiance and I are thinking about the Virgin Islands or Cayman.. <BR> <BR>As far as the cruises...we're thinking about a 7 day to Labadee, San Juan and St. Thomas or an 11 day to Key West, Cozumel, Aruba, Curacao and Jamacia

elaine Mar 29th, 2000 05:16 AM

Sarah, <BR> <BR>Are you thinking of an RCI cruise? <BR>We have taken the 11 night 'Circle/Caribb' twice and enjoyed it very much. If you choose your cabin carefully, this would make for a wonderful honeymoon! <BR>The Caymens have beautiful beaches. If you enjoy snorkeling and not a lot of night life you may enjoy a one week stay. However, it is pricey. But I would not discourage. <BR>Regarding Virgin Is., we have been to St. Thomas and St. John. St. John is lovely and also perfect for a honeymoon...beautiful beaches and a few nice resorts. <BR>A cruise,in my opinion, may be a better value and also less of a hassle. <BR>A good travel agent could offer you their opinion. <BR> <BR> <BR>

KC Apr 27th, 2000 06:22 AM

Honeymoon Cruise <BR> <BR>I know that the original poster has already gone on their honeymoon, but for anyone else reading this, considering a cruise, please take this into consideration: <BR> <BR>If you have never cruised before, you cannot know how your body will react. Most people are fine, especially these days with stabilizers and whatnot. But there are always those unfortunate few who react badly to the sea, no matter what. I went on a cruise with 7 of my friends a year ago, and we were all fine except one poor girl who started feeling woozy as we pulled out of Miami, and finally needed to be brought to the infirmary by day 4! Throwing up any time your eyes open, mmm, sounds like a romantic honeymoon to me! My advice is, take a short cruise (the Staten Island Ferry springs to mind) before you go on one of the most romantic vacations you will ever have &lt;g&gt;!