Reload this Page >

documents prior to sailing

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 07:20 PM
shirl

What is the policy of HAL delievering the documents,ie., the time prior to sailing date. If one is traveling a month prior to, is it possible for the company to send documents ahead of time, as a month instead of, like they say - 2 weeks.??<BR>

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 04:14 AM
maryann

The time for the docs seems to vary-with no way to predict.<BR><BR>If you make your final payment ahead of the due date-you will probably get the docs earlier,etc.<BR><BR>We are taking a cruise next year but before that will be on a 3 week car trip. I intend to pay the final way early and requsted and will remind them that I want the docs before I leave.<BR><BR>I am dealing with the cruiseline, not a TA.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Starfish

I have always received mine about 4 weeks ahead of time, but I book my own air.<BR><BR>If you book air, the documents arrive much later, I think people say about 2 weeks prior to the cruise.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 06:23 AM
TA

Documents are printed out by a computer so there really is no ryhme or reason as to when they print. I always tell my clients about two weeks prior to sailing is when they'll have them.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 07:28 AM
ashuma

We sailed HAL in early September and paid in full early. We received all documents about 4 weeks before the cruise. But have heard of others receiving closer to 2 weeks. I had also requested early documents to mske sure they got our air deviation correct.

Old Nov 29th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Paul Therault

If one is concerned about their cruise line air times and carrier, the cruise line will have the information 30 days before sailing but the docs will not be mailed out for another week or so.<BR><BR>Paul