Port Transfer NY to Boston

May 28th, 2001, 03:29 PM
Jack

Port Transfer NY to Boston

We will return from a Transatlantic QE2 cruise this summer arriving in the Port of New York. Has anyone ever arranged transportation from the NY Port to Boston's Logan airport? Any advice would be helpful.
Please respond asap. Many thanks . . .

May 28th, 2001, 08:27 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Jack,

There is no scheduled service to anywhere from the NYC pier except taxi to any NYC airports or Newark Airport.

You may also get a taxi to the bus terminal which can take you to Logan with a couple of transfers (not my idea of a fun time).

Here's another idea if you do not wish to fly. Taxi to train terminal asnd then take train service to Boston and then transfer by bus to Logan.

Good luck,

Paul

May 29th, 2001, 02:06 AM
Jack

Dear Paul,
Thank you for the timely advice. My early research lead me to believe I'd end up using a train to Boston.
Any idea about the distances,time & $$$ involved here?
How long of a cab ride is it to NY train staion? Would that be Grand Central station? Also, distance/ time from Boston train station to Logan Airport? I do have train schedule/ fares from NY to Boston, but am clueless about the cab fares & logistics. This is the only missing link to a month long vacation on the East coast and London trip, so I am grateful for any help. Many thanks! Jack

May 29th, 2001, 04:47 AM
Rhea

The cab ride would be to Pennsylvania station (33rd Between 7th & 8th Avenues)
& would prob cost $3-5 w/tip.
www.amtrak.com has all the schedules.
Train stops at Back Bay, South Boston or Route 128 & is $57 p.p. on reg. train; $120 on the new Acela express. If you arrive very early you might be able to get on the 8 o'clock run which arrives circa 12:30 p.m.

May 29th, 2001, 02:33 PM
Paul Therault

I read where the new Acela bullet train is a great experience albeit a tad expensive. I am planning a trip soon to D.C.

Paul