Reload this Page >

Play Nice Everyone

Search

Play Nice Everyone

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Sally

Play Nice Everyone

<BR>I generally read and contribute to the other sections: Europe, Asia, Latin America, Canada, etc, as the Cruise section seems to be a very argumentative area. If someone posts a question about a line or ship they have already booked, why put it down? Just give advise to make it better for them. If they have not already booked then by all means give your opinion. I only wish those contributing would tell of their background in the area: How many cruises taken and with what lines. Remember a Clarion is a nice hotel if you haven't stayed at a Hyatt. And a Hyatt is a fine hotel if you don't stay at the Ritz or Four Seasons. Right? Again, there is no need to slam a person who books with NCL it is their first cruise they will love it, just as you did your first. Even if it was with Commodore or Premier.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 08:14 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Sally, <BR> <BR>You are correct concerning hotels but once one books a cruise first impressions are so important. Will they cruise again if the ship is unacceptable? They will not know what a good cruise is. <BR> <BR>What I can not understand is why a person books first and asks questions later? This does not make sense. <BR> <BR>What one should do is cancel and book with another value cruise line. The deposit is fully refundable up until the final payment. They do not do this since they do not wish to spend the extra money. Money is so much more important than comfort. This deters them from cancelling. <BR> <BR>People continued to book with Premier even after reading all the negative national press releases. Why? Money. <BR> <BR>Why did travel agents continue to sell Premier? More than likely because the commission was better. Again ..... money. <BR> <BR>Most passengers have a pretty good cruise on NCL. The odds are better than Vegas. This stands to reason or the line would go out of business. It is the minority and most are the silent minority that have an unacceptable cruise and have no recourse. NCL does not help them. It is not right. <BR> <BR>Oh well, I guess it is time a stepped off my soapbox. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:23 AM
Tom

<BR>I agree with the original post, once a cruise is booked and paid there is no reason to degrade the poster for what you may think was an unfortunate decision. <BR>I, for one, took the Rembrandt, Premier Line, in Europe. I happen to like a smaller ship with walls of wood as oppose to the mega liners of glitz. The food was equal to RCCL and Carnival and the service was likewise. However, I had never taken their Big Red Boats which is where I believe most of the complaints came from. <BR>It is important to give good, solid advice and certainly can be done w/o being condesending.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Sally

<BR>Just a reminder

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 11:19 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Tom, <BR> <BR>I have to agree Premier was a great cruise line. Too bad they went out of business. I enjoyed all their ships especially the 1st and 2nd Big Red Boats. <BR> <BR>Their demise came about when they picked up all the trash ships from the Dolphin Cruise Line. It was is the cards, they could not continue as a value cruise line and they could not operate old ships unless they were a value cruise line. <BR> <BR>Paul