Pearl's cabins

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pearl's cabins

My husband and I are booking a cruise on Pearl for Caribbean, 9 nights, in Feb. 2008. There are 4 price categories for balcony rooms at $50 increments, then a slightly larger jump to the minisuite. Any insights on these cabins? I do note the higher priced ones are on upper floors. Any floor that worse than others, or any particular room that should be avoided? How roomy is the largest balcony room? Our most recent cruise was in a skysuite on Celebrity's Constellation. Thanks for any insights. Would love other feedback as well.

Also, have read several posts here about pros and cons of freestyle dining. Apparently 7:00 is the crunch time; do people find that 6:00 or 6:30 are less busy? Thanks to all you Fodorites! Claire
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:30 AM

NCL cabins aren't exactly what I'd call roomy. I've stayed in both a regular cabin and a minisuite (both with balcony), and I found both to be adequate, though I really like the better bathroom in the minisuite category, though storage is a pain because the closet is blocked by the bed in a minisuite.

I don't think you'll see much difference for the $50 increments unless you find yourself under or above the disco or main dining room, which can be noisy.

If you can afford it, the Courtyard Villa suites are magnificent and have these wonderful floor-to-ceiling windows in the shower.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Doug - Thanks for that info. Do you (or does anyone) know how a penthouse suite compares to the minisuite? It's a bigger jump in price -- $650 more than the minisuite, while minisuite is only $150 more than most expensive balcony room.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 01:30 PM

Penthouses are definitely nicer than minisuites since (for me at least) a minisuite is about sufficient size to be a regular cabin and without lavish appointments). Penthouses are significantly bigger and have bigger beds, and the bathrooms are very nice size. If I'm remembering correctly, they also have large walk-in closets. But the big difference is size. If it were me, I'd probably just do a minisuite unelss I could afford a Courtyard Villa, which for me is in another universe of comfort that I'd be willing to pay for (assuming I had the money).
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 06:20 AM

We went in Jan on the Pearl. We just had an Oean view cabin so I cannot commment on that issue. As far as as the restaurants go, the earlier you go the less crowded. I would suggest you try and make reservations on your first day.