Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Patty - I would like the Southwestern Grill menu (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/patty-i-would-like-the-southwestern-grill-menu-340443/)

CACruzin Jul 23rd, 2003 08:42 PM

Patty - I would like the Southwestern Grill menu

How do I give you my e-mail, without giving it to "everyone"?

Patty Jul 24th, 2003 11:41 AM

You can email me at [email protected]

cfrieday Sep 13th, 2003 04:25 PM

Patty I would also love the menus we will be sailing on the grand Princess Scandanavian crusie. This will be 1st curise, we just booked this week. Still have a lot to learn. What do you mean by pay restaurants. I thought all food was included. Also what beverages are included and when you traveled did you have open seating. I have been told that we can eat whenever and with whomever we want. Any infor you can give me is appreciated.

Cheryl

cfrieday Sep 13th, 2003 04:28 PM

Patty my e-mail is [email protected] thanks

Theresa Sep 13th, 2003 07:46 PM

Cfrieday -

The 24 hour buffet is free along with the dining room food, plus the pizzeria and grill. Believe me, there is tons of food available all the time. You do pay for softdrinks and alcoholic beverages.

There are 2 restaurants that you do pay for. Have sailed on the Grand 3x and have never eaten at either one. One is Sabitini's which is an Italian restaurant and the other is Painted Desert which is Southwestern. Sabitini's is either $15 or $20 pp and Painted Desert is $8 pp and includes a drink.

Hope this helps.

Patty Sep 15th, 2003 12:19 PM

Cheryl,
When making your cruise booking, you can specify whether you want traditional (fixed seating with assigned time & table) or personal choice (open seating) dining. We've gone with personal choice on all of our Princess cruises. Usually there is one (sometimes 2) main dining room set aside for personal choice and it's open for dinner with restaurant style seating - either first come first serve or you can also make advanced reservations. You have the option of dining alone or with other passengers, although sometimes there may be a wait for a table for 2 unless you have reservations.

Breakfast and lunch are usually both open seating in the dining room so it doesn't matter if you've selected traditional or personal choice. You can also dine at the buffet any time.

There are 2 optional, alternative (extra charge) restaurants on board the grand class ships - an Italian restaurant ($15pp surcharge) and a southwestern grill ($8pp surcharge). The menus I have are from the Star Princess (sister ship to the Grand) but should be very similar if not identical. I'll email those to you shortly.

The menu in the dining room changes daily (and it's the same whether you choose traditional or personal choice) while the menu in the alternative restaurants stay the same.

Beverages that are included free of charge - juice (during breakfast hours I think), coffee, tea, and iced tea. Also I've never been charged for expresso or cappucino in the dining room. Hope this helps.