Reload this Page >

Panama Canal - Port or Starboard?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Deter

Thinking of taking a cruise through the canal in April from Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles. Will the weather be alright? Going in that direction, is it better to have a cabin on the port or starbord side of the ship?<BR>

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Left R

Either side will be fine. You will be all over the ship during the transit. I found the front and back of the ship afforded some of the best views. I had an outside cabin with a veranda but spent more time up top or on the promenade than I did in my cabin.<BR><BR>Let me suggest you read David McCullough's very fine book on the canal called, THE PATH BETWEEN THE SEAS before you go.<BR><BR>It will be spectacular no matter what side you are on.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Ed

Definitely the port side in the east-west direction, especially if you have a balcony and plan to view the trip from there. The weather in the canal zone in April will be hot and muggy, but its always hot and muggy in the canal zone.