Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Palace of Knossos excursion from Navigator of the Seas

Mar 26th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

I have opted to do the Palace of Knossos excursion sponsored by my cruise ship, Navagator of the Seas. It's classified as strenuous and I was wondering if anyone else has done this and what their opinon of the difficulty of this excursion was? What all do we get to see?
Mar 26th, 2010, 10:01 AM

It's been a long time since we toured Knossos, but I don't remember it being strenuous. There are areas that aren't level but we were able to follow our guide with no trouble. We were glad we went to Knossos and found it very interesting. We enjoy visiting historic ruins, starting with Mayan in Mexico, then Roman in Italy, France, Spain. If you like that sort of thing, I think you will be pleased you selected this tour.
Mar 26th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Giovanna. You have eased some of my anxiety about how strenuous this could possibly be, after all, lots and lots of people tour it. I love this type of excursion, and have delt with uneven ground in Rome and Egypt with no problems. Being hustled along way too fast (rushed) does bother me. Not that I can't pick up the speed, I can, but I'm traveling a long way to see this and I like to really get into it. Now, I feel a whole lot more relaxed. If summer would just get here! Thanks lots!
Mar 26th, 2010, 09:08 PM

You're very welcome. I found this website with some pictures that may give you an idea of what it's like. http://www.explorecrete.com/archaeology/knossos.html
Mar 26th, 2010, 09:12 PM

Here's another website that might interest you:

http://greeklandscapes.com/greece/crete/knossos.html
Mar 27th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Oh, thank you! I loved both sites. The first one with it's photos of the actual site I'll be going to, let me see what they mean by 'uneven ground'. I won't have any trouble at all. I shall explore more with the links these two websites are providing me. Thank you again.