CruiseQuick.com Came Through for Us!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Cruisers - We booked a Celebrity 10 day cruise with CruiseQuick.com thanks to many recommendations on this forum. We got a great price....far lower than several of their web based competitors. Over the weekend Celebrity apparently dropped prices for our sailing, which I just happened to discover while surfing the internet. I immediately e-mailed CruiseQuick and less than an hour later our cabin was upgraded AND we will receive a $470 refund. We are elated! Just thought you should know about their fabulous customer service and great prices. Enjoy!
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:22 PM

Yes, I too have had very good luck with this website and have gotten refunds, upgrades etc. as the cruise got closer. Like you Lenore, I think they're the best and easiest to work with.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:23 PM

Glad to hear of your positive experience, Lenore. We'll give them a try next time.
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 07:05 PM

Lenore, thank you from me too as I will give them a try when I am up to that point. Just picking ship now, leaning to Celebrity Summit. In what month are you going? We want to go this July. Also, one posting I read tonight said either Celebrity or one of their ships did not have promonade deck which made it a bit harder for glaciel viewing. Have you heard anything to this end? THANKS.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 09:35 AM

Had great experience with them. Used them the first time for upcoming cruise; saved 100 over next bid.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Ciaodeb - We leave exactly one month from today.....on April 4th for a 10 day Caribbean on the Summit. I don't know about the promenade deck. Go to MyTravelCo.com and find the ship listings. They show deck plans for all ships. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out which ships are right for you in Alaska. By the way, Alaska may be our next cruise....thinking about late August.<BR><BR>LLindaC - Our original price with CruiseQuick was $300 cheaper than the next closest quote. Then when the price dropped we got the cabin upgrade and the BIG refund. I couldn't be more pleased!
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 03:06 AM

Ciaodeb: I've been on Celebrity's Summit and they do have a &quot;Promenade&quot; deck, though not a wrap around one. The lifeboats are above you and you are somewhat protected by the elements.<BR><BR>Since most of the cabins on the Summit have verandahs, you may want to book a cabin with a verandah.<BR><BR>We will be doing an Alaska back to back cruise on the Summit this year in August. Can't wait.
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 08:16 PM

Lenore &amp; Mary2223-- Thank you for your advise. Summit booked for this July but was not thrilled with CruiseQuick.com. Yes, got price for $1919.00 less than group rate at travel agent but my mother (its a family trip) did not like dealing with internet company you cannot talk to so booked through agent. <BR><BR>I was taken a back with them as when I asked questions about my cruise (like clarification about quotes as you must give one quote per cabin and we have two cabins)they replied by in regular e-mail, copying my question with their comment. Since they do not put a name and probably anyone can reply, you have to copy all conversation so far in posing your next question. After going back/forth two or three times it was burdonsome to constantly copy all. Even asked 2x where they were based (south FL) and they always ignored any such questions. Very secretive . . .<BR><BR>Guess that's what you get for a better price.
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 09:00 PM

We just booked a transatlantic 15 day cruise on the Celebrity Constellation<BR>through CruiseQuick and want to thank everyone, particularly Marcie. We got a great deal - $350 savings over our local agent. Everything was answered right away. Just waiting now to see what Celebrity will do for us on the airfare.
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 09:04 PM

Sorry about that...meant to say price was $350 under the local agent.