Search

on own to xcaret

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:11 PM
rst

on own to xcaret

Has anyone every gone to Xcaret without using the ship's very expensive tour? What connections do you have to make?

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Patty

From which port? From Playa del Carmen or Cancun, you can take a taxi (don't know what the cost is). From Cozumel, you will need to take a ferry to PDC(depending on which pier your ship uses, you may have to take a taxi to the ferry dock) and then a taxi.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:46 PM
rst

coming into the port at Cozumel---- anyone know how far by taxi from the ferry at PLC to Xcaret?

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Paul Therault

Hi rst,<BR><BR>I believe you are into a logistical nightmare. Too many variables. Xcaret admission is very expensive. You have to coordinate the ferry schedule to the ship's departure time. The ship's tour may offer a complimentary lunch. <BR><BR>You may realize a small savings if you have a large family and stuff them all into a cab otherwise the the other costs should be about the same.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Peter

rst - Paul is a travel agent and has a vested interest in continuing the belief that only the ship's tours are safe and well organized. Most seasoned cruisers on this site will tell you that if you do your homework (like coming to this board and others to ask the questions you asked) you will find that you will save at least 50% from the cruise line's excursions. <BR><BR>If you don't get the information here on Fodors, I would recommend going to cruisecritic.com. I, personally, have never been to Xcaret.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Polecat

Peter: Grow up.<BR><BR>The ferry from Cozumel leaves on the hour every hour and costs $7.50 per person each way. It takes 45 minutes to cross. It also returns on the hour every hour. So you have the cab to and from the ferry dock, $15 per person for the ferry, the cab to and from Xcaret and the entry fee to Xcaret which is quite expensive, plus lunch. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Paul Therault

Thanks Polecat. I could care less what others do on vacation (no ne pays me to say take the ships tours or otherwise) but I am sure most people do not wish to have headaches on vacation and would rather maybe pay the few extra dollars. Or maybe the cruise line tour is less???? <BR><BR>I wonder how many people listen to Peter who has been nowhere.<BR><BR>Paul