Norwegian Wind

Apr 25th, 2001, 03:43 AM
Bonnie

Norwegian Wind

Has anyone sailed on the Norwegian Wind recently?

There are forum messages from last year about smells and toilet backups that make me concerned, although the CDC of the Federal Government gave it a decent rating in their inspection report from March 2001.
Have these problems been corrected?
Thanks for your help

Apr 25th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Kathy Barr

Oh No! I'm booked on the Norwegian Wind for 05/14/01! Someone please reply to Bonnie's email!

Apr 27th, 2001, 06:24 AM
g

The last review I saw on this ship was from a 4/6/01 sailing in the Caribbean on a site I think was called [email protected] or something like that. The woman wrote that "the ship was a badly organized madhouse" and said there was "lots of smoking on the ship"..."in the hot tubs and pools and in a smoke filled lounge while you were waiting outside the dining room for a table." She sailed on it in 1997 and it "was lovely" and said she thought the company was undergoing a "change of corporate culture."
Anyone else sail recently? I'm interested too.

Apr 27th, 2001, 11:36 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Bonnie,

You want a bargain-basement price you sail a bargain-basement cruise line.

More than likely you will have an average cruise.

Since they have no evening maintenance you will have to wait to the next day to use your bathroom when it breaks. The public toilets should be available.

If you do have an upleasant circumstance be sure to get it resolved before you leave the ship. Talk to officers, not the kids at the info desk.

Just keep in mind you did save a lot of money.

Paul

Apr 30th, 2001, 04:39 PM
Gabby

Hi Bonnie,

My husband and I just sailed on the Wind March 24th to 31st. It was our first cruise and it was the best. I too read every post I could about NCL before we went. Lots of so-so ratings. But if I were to cruise again (already planning next years on NCL) I would definitely recommend NCL to anyone. There was no smell in any of the parts on the ship where we were, and we were all over it. The staff and service were awesome.......The ports of call in the Caribbean were the reason we picked NCL. The superior deluxe suite we had was awesome.....HUGE..... If anybody has anymore questions, please ask. I'd be glad to answer
GREAT JOB NCL