Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Norwegian Jewel (June 10 sailing date) to Baltics - Looking for 2-4 People to Join our Custom Tour in St. Petersburg (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/norwegian-jewel-june-10-sailing-date-to-baltics-looking-for-2-4-people-to-join-our-custom-tour-in-st-petersburg-351845/)

eyedigress Apr 29th, 2008 09:02 AM

Norwegian Jewel (June 10 sailing date) to Baltics - Looking for 2-4 People to Join our Custom Tour in St. Petersburg

Hi!
I am traveling with my family (4 adults) on the Norwegian Jewel next month (June 10-22). In doing research, it seems like the best way to see the St. Petersburg area is by booking a private custom tour. I have been in touch with a few reputable companies (that are also recommended on this site: Alla-Tours, DenRus, Red October and Anastasia) and I understand the cost drops considerably if we have more than 4 people (from around $400 pp to $300-320 for the 2 day tour). We are interested in finding 2-4 people with similar interests to join our private tour. This will certainly be MUCH better (see more and less crowds) and cheaper than those offered by the cruise line ($400++). In general, we are casual, easygoing, well-traveled, interested in seeing the sights (early admission into Hermitage) ... the main ones, as well as the Great Synagogue and a canal tour. We'd like a little but not a lot of shopping and we like to sometimes enjoy people watching while sitting an an outdoor cafe. Interested in joining us? If so, please respond to this message or email me at [email protected].
Regards and Anchors away!
Naomi

BlueSea May 1st, 2008 01:42 AM

Be forewarned: you might need to obtain your own Russian visas if you go off on a custom tour and do not use ship's excursions.

ParrotMom May 1st, 2008 03:11 AM

Yu would do better to check and post on Cruise Critic for your exact cruies

eyedigress May 1st, 2008 10:16 AM

Thanks, BlueSea. I've read up on this and understand that if I book through an authorized tour agent in St. Petersburg, I will not need a visa (just like the cruise excursions but more personalized and cheaper).

Parrot Mom: thanks ... i'll go there.

Percy May 1st, 2008 07:39 PM

eyedigress:

No you do not need a visa if you book with Alla or any of the other private tour groups.

Also you do not need to worry about finding four others to join you...Alla will find those for you.

I booked Alla last August for four of us.

Then she e-mailed me and asked if two others from Michigan could join us ...I said yes.
then

she e-mailed me about 10 days later and asked if a foursome from San Diego could join us.

I said yes but close it off now at 10 people.

Once I booked with Alla,it was my tour and she always remined me that I did not have to let anyone else join us if I did not want to.

The six people that did jon us were terrific and this was only for the St.Petersburg part of the cruise.

I did a trip report and will e-mail it to you.

You can read the St. Petersburg part.
Good Night
Percy

eyedigress May 2nd, 2008 08:25 AM

Thanks, Percy! Very helpful! I am in touch with Alla and look forward to her setting us up. I thought I might also reach out to a couple of posting boards (here and cruise critic) to see if I could find a good match on my own. We're exicted. I look forward to getting your trip report!

Percy May 2nd, 2008 10:35 AM

eyedigress

The trip report via e-mail was returned to me !!!??

Is you e-mail address:

[email protected]

or is it [email protected] ? with the _ before synder !?

I can send it again but I will wait to hear from you on this board.

Thanks
Percy

eyedigress May 2nd, 2008 10:48 AM

Hi Percy,
My email is [email protected]. I think the "naomi_" doesn't appear highlighted when it is typed out on this forum so make sure when you enter it in that you have it all. Also, check your spelling of 'snyder' ... many people misspell it so that they end up putting 'synder' ... that will never get to me :)

Looking forward to getting it!
Cheers,
Naomi

Percy May 2nd, 2008 11:45 AM

Okay Boss :) I sent it again.

Percy

Lorraines May 4th, 2008 12:48 AM

Hi

My Husband and I booked the cruise on Friday and would be interested in joining you group. Please reply to the above email address. I have also emailed you

rushme May 31st, 2008 12:06 PM

Hello percy ,

You really seem to be on top of things. We are doing St. petersburg in aug.and are on a budget. I just read your post about Allla tours finding other people to join you. we are 3 of us and we would like to see just the main sights and skip the lunch and ballet etc. How do we go about it. i have a list of some places but am flexible. how do I go about this. It would be really nice if Alla tours could put tog. agroup to keep costs down. Please advice

fpsoley Oct 12th, 2008 02:51 PM

we are thinking about a cruise on the norwegian jewel also stopping in st. petersburg. how was your trip are you going to post a trip report how did your private tour work out? what did you see, how many people joined you? thanks for any info. on your cruise aboard the jewel.

Percy Oct 12th, 2008 06:24 PM

fpsoley

When are you going and how many days will you be in St.Petersburg ?

Percy

Percy Oct 12th, 2008 06:51 PM

rushme

Sorry I did not answer you but I was in Europe when you posted.

Hope you had a good time in St.Petersburg.

Percy

Itsbarbara Apr 4th, 2009 07:14 AM

Am cruising in May 09 and would like to hear of procedures and any problems booking with an independent tour company.

Percy Apr 4th, 2009 04:21 PM

Boy , you should have booked the tour company several months ago.

I just wrote to Alla in late February on behalf of 14 people who are going there.

I booked Alla for all of them and Alla will use two 16 passengers vans for the 14 of them.

Here is the NEW link for Alla tours in St. Petersburg.

http://alla.info-group.ru/

e-mail her right now, if she is able to take you on those days(I am sure she will) .... then you will fill out all the information she needs right online.

She will handle the Visa problem...don't worry

Good Luck