Reload this Page >

Nice (but not outrageous) hotel near Miami airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 07:32 PM
Margot

My husband, my 1-year-old daughter and I will be boarding the NCL Sun in March. We are spending the night before boarding in Miami, and would like suggestions for a nice hotel near the airport. We really don't want to spend more than $85 dollars, but don't want to be in a fleabag, either. Please offer any assistance - thank you! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 07:38 PM
Andy

There is a great Hilton in an office park-very secluded and safe-right near the Miami airport--lots of the cruise lines use this hotel--we stayed there 2 years ago to make a flight to San Juan for a cruise====it was great-reasonable-and had a beautiful rest.in the lobby that was reasonable--also had shuttle service back and forth to airport...

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 11:52 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Margot, <BR> <BR>I doubt if you will find an airport hotel for $85 in Miami. You may come close, especially if it is a weekend night at the Best Western Miami Airport Inn. Florida tax is quite a bit extra. <BR> <BR>Possible the Budgetel Inn may be less if you are staying at the end of March. <BR> <BR>Try them both and do not forget to ask what the tax is. <BR> <BR>Good luck, <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 06:24 AM
John

I just reserved a room at the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel and Marina (a four star hotel) which is right near the port and airport for $99 on October 12. They call it their "come out and play promo".

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi John, <BR> <BR>I believe Magot wants a hotel just for sleeping and would have complimentary airport transportation ..... and March prices. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 08:57 AM
margot

Dear All: <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help. I've been calling around and you are right - it's going to be difficult to find a hotel for under $100, but I thought I'd try. Thanks again.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 09:12 AM
Laura

Margot, <BR>It's not near the airport and by far it's not the Ritz, but before our last cruise we stayed at the Miami Days Inn Civic Center (we will be staying there again before our next cruise this December as well). We got a rate of around $60-65, I believe. They provide complimentary shuttle service from the airport as well as to the Port of Miami. It is definitly motel caliber, but we found it to be more than adequate for just spending the night. <BR>Laura

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 11:44 AM
John

Even though Paul says its not so - you can get a decent hotel room near the airport in Miami for under $100. The Airport Regency will accept reservations out that far (March) and the rate is $79. It is a three star hotel and can be booked online through Microsoft Expedia.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 12:56 PM
A

Last April, we stayed at the Clarion Inn and Suites and had a very spacious suite for $99. It was within walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace and a short cab ride to the pier and airport.

Old Sep 28th, 2001, 02:37 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>OK John, I will name some hotels that are "decent" and probably under $85. But I would not stay in one. <BR> <BR>Sleep Inn, Airliner, Paramount, Red Roof, Runway. <BR> <BR>Pay 12.5% Tax plus your cab fare and what is your final cost? <BR> <BR>Paul