Search

Royal Caribbean - Enchantment of the Seas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Caribbean - Enchantment of the Seas

October 21, 2013 - 4 night cruise to Nassau, Bahamas - Enchantment of the Seas

This was a too-short, but enjoyable cruise! We loved our Stateroom on Deck 7 where the balcony views were terrific. We especially appreciated the unobstructed sunrise view of Nassau, and I was able to get some outstanding shots! The room itself had more than enough storage storage space for the short stay, and was a generous size. The shower was the standard ship shower with a shelf. Push tubes of shampoo/conditioner were refilled on our first day.

We were puzzled by the fact that there was no glass or paper cups available in our Stateroom. We didn't notice this until we wanted to brush our teeth. After dinner that first night, we brought a wine glass back to the room to serve as the "bathroom glass" but it was removed by housekeeping the next morning. This actually went on for all 4 nights of the cruise. We would bring one drink glass or wine glass back to the room to serve as a bathroom glass, and the next morning it would disappear.

We had a plumbing problem the first day, and also a sewer smell in the sink. We called about the toilet not refilling with water, and reported the garbage smell. Someone came in while we were gone and fixed the toilet. While the smell from the sink was better, it never completely went away. We wondered if the water was safe to drink, but since we had bottled water we aways used it.

The ship is somewhat eclectic and it seems to have a personality of its own. It was fun exploring the entire ship and learning our way around.

The staff was top notch. Thanks to all the employees of the Enchantment of the Seas for your pleasant smiles and helpful attitude. We enjoyed excellent service from everyone.

The buffet-style breakfast was very good, with an excellent selection of items. Although it was crowded, we always found a place to sit and chat with other guests at the table. As a result we never used room service.

We skipped the private island and opted to stay on the boat and relax. It was delightfully uncrowded!

The menus at dinner were pretty standard. There were no "wow" meals nor anything remarkable.

Wi-fi is available for 75¢ minute, or you can choose one of several prepaid plans. We stayed away from the Internet (and our iPhones) for this cruise, so I can't comment on the efficiency.

Nassau is typical of many tourist ports. You leave the ship and it's like you are sending a message to the locals that you are an American with a lot of money, looking to buy any souvenir or a scenic tour. These people do not understand the word the word no. They gathered around us, crowding into our path with tour options, t-shirts and straw hats. If I were a telemarketer, I would smuggle them aboard the Enchantment of the Seas and put them to work in the USA!

However, once we got through the traffic near the ship and into the city of Nassau, we had no more problems with street people. The shopkeepers and locals were friendly and helpful.

Taking the advice of a very nice lady n the Nassau tourism center not far from the ship, we found something wondrous and beautiful! We followed her directions to the Queen's Staircase. From 1793 to 1794 slaves on the island carved these 65 steps out of the limestone to an impressive 102 feet height, to honor of Queen Victoria’s 65 year long reign. Once there, we climbed the stairs to Ft. Fincastle.

Ft. Fincastle was built in 1793 by Lord Dunmore. It is shaped like an old steamer and is known for its large array of different sized cannons. The views from this old fort are well worth the climb to the top. (This is a long walk and step-climbing, so if you're not used to exercise like this, you may opt to take a taxi.)

Please enjoy our photo gallery of this cruise:
http://www.funbeaches.com/RoyalCaribbeanNassau/
Feel free to contact me at: [email protected]
www.funbeaches.com
Old Nov 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM

I enjoyed the slide show. If I visit Nassau again it will be on a cruise.
Old Feb 21st, 2014, 06:22 PM

Hi Patricia. I, too enjoyed your comments and photos of your cruise aboard RC Enchantment of the Seas to Nassau & I'm assuming Coco Cay? (i.e. private isle)?
I hope you will respond to my private email you've noted above as I have an upcoming cruise aboard the same vessel, my "virgin voyage" if you will, & I'd like to pick your brain.
Thank you in advance,
SH.
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 04:26 AM

I am sure this is old and no one will reply but I will give it a try. I have cruised multiple times but this will be a first for my 8 year old granddaughter. We are going on the short 3 day cruise to the Bahamas this month. (july) I figure it is a great way to introduce her to cruising. My son is also going with us. Thanks for sharing and I hope it turns out well. Will there be activities for kids? I wanted to do Disney but it was so $$$. Nearly double for 3 days then RC. I just could not justify the money. Thanks.
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 04:28 PM

My grandchildren loved cruises more than Disney World.