Dinner time and show time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 09:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know the up coming summer schedule for Celebrity Mercury?
I need to know what are the dinner time for first and second seating as well as the start time for the first show and the start time for the second show.
Help?
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 03:51 AM

Call Celebrity and ask them this. Sometimes the show for the 2nd seating is at 7PM -but not every night. Usually 2nd show is 10:30 but not always on every ship. Show for 1st seating is at 8:30. Shows run about an hour or maybe an hour & half. This is not always length every night though. 2nd dinner seating can be 8:15 or 8:30. We NEVER eat 1st seating so don't know when that is - however do know its always before 6 - 5:15, 5:30, 5:45.
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks ... I thought with all the experience travellers here, someone would know. I knew the approximate time based on past experience; between 5 to 6 for first seating, 7 to 8 for second seating and the show timw is usually right after dinner, give or take a half hour here and there.

I am trying to tie down the exact time as my wife wanted to plan certain shore activities that will take us back to the ship after 5:30 on a couple of ports. Depending on the exact time for dinner seating, we may miss the first seating and we hated late dinners. That's one reason why we preferred Princess' any time dining.

The "help desk" has not been too helpful and "the time is subject to change without notice".
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 03:16 AM

The 2nd dinner seating is NEVER before 8PM. It takes time for the 1st seating to leave the dining room and to clear and set all the tables for the 2nd seating. I'm surprised any ship would have a tour that doesn't come back before the 1st seating. What are those tours? Remember you can always go to the buffet or call room service. I have seen people come into the dining room more than 1/2 an hour after it opened but th Celebrity may close the dining room so that won't happen. And, I have seen 1st seating guests come to the dining room and ask to be seated then for just that night. Check with the Maitre'd about that. Doesn't Celebrity have another dining room that is free where new waiters are in training. When we were on the Century we ate there. Part of it was a buffet but the entre was served by the waiters. Or, make a reservation at a pay restaurent on the days when you have a late tour.
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Original Poster

Hi Bonniejns, Thnks for the info. We are going to venture out on our own on a couple of days. We've been through there a few times so we are getting adventurous. The ship won't leave until 8 pm on a couple of days so we plan to stay on shore a lot longer.

I think this is what we are going to end up doing. Take the first seating and then go to the specialty restaurants on the two late days. I was told between 7:30 pm and 8:00 pm for the second seating which is too late for us anyway. We were also thinking about getting back late, go to the first show and skip dinner all together, mabe get a quick bite at the pizza / burger place just prior.