Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Need help with Princess contact (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/need-help-with-princess-contact-454144/)

maryann Jun 28th, 2004 03:41 PM

Need help with Princess contact

The Grand Princess repo. cruise in Nov. '05 makes a 3 hour service call in Ft. Lauderdale before continuing on to Galveston.

I was told I could not get off in FLL (we live 40 min. North).Noone can get off even the people who might like a tour of the area.

So, we would have to go 1100 miles away and backtrack.

Any ideas whom we could appeal at Princess, our TA is stymied, too and Mariner's Society has not responded yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

RBR Jun 29th, 2004 09:29 AM

I looked into your cruise and someone is not giving you the correct info. Your cruise sails 11/10/05 from Rome, it is a 16 night cruise from Rome to Galveston. This sounds like what you have booked.

You can book a 14 night segment from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale. This also will cost you less money than the 16 night and you will disembark in Ft. Lauderdale.

The reason that you will not be allowed off in Ft. Lauderdale now is it seems that you are booked to Galveston.

Just contact whoever you booked with and change you sailing from 16 to 14 nights. You will get a lower fare and you will get off where you want.

It is true that there will be no shore tours as the ship is only there for 3 hours.

maryann Jun 29th, 2004 01:46 PM

RBR-thanks so much, I'll check this out and report my findings.

maryann Jun 29th, 2004 02:30 PM

RBR- I've looked around on the websites and cannot find this cruise listed as a 14 day anywhere- can you direct me somewhere - I'd appreciate it.

petlover Jun 29th, 2004 03:00 PM

Maryann, IMO I think your travel agent should be doing this for you. This is a big reason why they're there for you.

maryann Jun 30th, 2004 05:14 AM

The TA is helping with this and has been turned down.

I never leave anything to just someone else-I want to contact them myself and gather info. so the TA & I will get the best info, etc.

On Cruise Critic, I found out info. that this FLL stop is listed as a disembarkation stop in a news release and in the '05 Europe brochure.

So I'm going to keep going with this.

RBR Jun 30th, 2004 10:55 AM

maryann, ask your TA to get a new 2005 Europe Princess Brochure or call Princess and ask them to send you one. You will clearly see in the brochure the choice between the 14 night and the 16 night.

You will have to look hard at the itineraries in the Europe Brochure but you will find the 14 night cruise departing Rome on November 10, 2005 aboard Grand Princess, it is on page 17.

You will see in the itineray that it clearly shows disembarkation in Ft. Lauderdale.

maryann Jun 30th, 2004 02:26 PM

Thanks again - I'm getting the brochure and have contacted the TA.

It's not over - now that we have this info.

Let ya know

maryann Jul 1st, 2004 02:25 PM

Thank you all - success !!

Because you found the proof we needed Princess gave us permission to get off in FLL !!

I was a case of one dept. (Dispatch) not knowing about the other procedures already in place.

Now the trip is:

Oct. 20 - NY to Southampton, England - 6 days -Queen Mary11

Oct. 27 -S'Hampton to Rome - 12 days (because we are getting off early)-QE11

Nov. 10 -Rome to FLL (yea)14 days.
Grand Princess
The main reason was going to Cairo-but we are doing all this without flying-even Amtrak to NY from West Palm Beach.

Hope world events do not intervene - but I'm too excited to think about that right now.

My heartfelt thanks.