Need Help Choosing Itinerary for February

Dec 21st, 2001, 06:02 PM
Vita

Need Help Choosing Itinerary for February

Message: Anyone been on the RCCL Radiance or Adventure. Traveling in Feb. and can't decide which to choose.

Both from San Juan. Radiance hits St. Lucia, Antigua, Barbados, St. Thomas and St. Maartin. 1 day at sea.

Adventure hits Aruba, Curaco, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. 2 days at sea.

I heard both ships were great but I can't decide because of the ports.... any suggestions?

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec 22nd, 2001, 01:09 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Vita,

Depends on your lifestyle. Talk to your travel agent or study the shore tour information.

Personally, my favorite and that of the majority would be Aruba and Curacao.

Paul

Dec 22nd, 2001, 05:21 AM
Gail

I have experienced both of those itineraries. You can't miss with either of them. Aruba and Curacao are different from the other islands as they are desert islands. That itinerary would give you something different to see. In Aruba we did the ship's jeep safari excursion. It was a great jeep excursion around the entire island where you get to see all the sights. Then we were taken over to DePalm Island for some GREAT snorkeling. In Curacao we just got off the ship and walked around the town on our own. It's such a cute little town.

Dec 22nd, 2001, 06:00 AM
Vita

Thanks Paul... The itinerary for the radiance just looks fabulous but I keep on haring wonderful things about the Adventurer. I also don't know if I would be totally worn out from the Radiacne's itenerary b/c it looks so much busier, with all of theose islands and only one day at sea to really relax and enjoy the ship.

My travel agent hasn't been a help at all and I have tried others but haven't been pleased with thier knowledge.

This is our first cruise.. we usually do all-inclusive resorts where we can stay on the island for a week and get to see many things... Last time was Sandals Jamacia and then a few months ago we stayed at Sandals in the Bahamas.... which was absolutly beautiful. He wants to try something different but if I had my way.. we'd be staying at Sandals in St. Lucia for a week!

Thanks for any advice!

Dec 23rd, 2001, 02:49 AM
Paul Therault

HI Vita,

You do have a tough decision. Usually it does not make a difference for first time cruisers where they port since they are getting used to the "ship" experience. You spend so little time in ports it is only a sample. If you like the port you may say "I think I'll come back here someday and spent a week." You sorta did things backwards.

If you wish a ship "experience" I would choose the Adventure. There is so much to see and do I wish I had more than a week when I sailed the sister ships. First I sailed the Voyager and liked it so much, I sailed the Explorer. There is so much detail. Everytime you turn a corner (even in the hallways) there is something else to see. The ice shows are worth the price of the cruise. The parades are great fun. If you enjoyed Sandals you would enjoy the Adventure. The ports are secondary (at least for me). Days on the ship woiuld be spent exploring (and eating).

When you speak to a TA and your questions are not being answered to your liking you must talk to the owner who, more than likely, is well traveled.

It is difficult getting info on a forum since everyone has their own favorite islands and tours. This info may not be your cup-of-tea. They may like the island and you will hate it or vice-versa.

In any event, I believe you will enjoy yourself no matter which ship you choose.

Paul

Dec 30th, 2001, 12:23 PM
Kara

Would choose Radiance.