NCL - What do they have for evening shows?

Nov 4th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Andrew

NCL - What do they have for evening shows?

I've said many lines, but not NCL. Carnival, for example has Vegas type shows in the evening, what does NCL do for its main evening entertainment?

Nov 5th, 2002, 04:22 AM
ParrotMom

Both NCL and Princess have their own entertainment troupes..Jean Ryan does shows for NCL...„we met a wonderful singer several years ago, Jane L. Powell and when we heard she was going to be on the Sky and they were doing Hey Mr. Producer, a review of songs from many musicals and their version of Cirque de Soleil we booked a trip and were not disappointed..The entertertainment on this particulst two week cruise was a major highlight for us. The entertainment on their ships is different.. there are ways to find out what reviews they are doing.. It may be "Grease" or Smokey Joe's Cafe.or whatever. I must say we have just come back from a Royal Caribbean cruise and their troupe was an embarassment to the line...Costumes that looked like left over upholstery material, wigs that I wouldn't even wear on Halloween and their shows barely lasted 45 minutes if even that. The one time we did fo a four day cruise on Carnival I thought the big show and star entertainer was excellent, but we have never been back on Carnival..

Nov 5th, 2002, 05:08 AM
thulewx

Generally, Jean Ann Ryan's shows are very well received and most people rank them as among the best, but true Vegas shows, they're not. And at least on Crystal, the entertainers also work day jobs, like librarian or other staffing...

Nov 6th, 2002, 06:58 AM
Andrew

ParrotMom and thulewx: Thanks for the info, it helped a lot. Does anyone know if they offer these type of productions on the Norway? Since its an older ship does it even have an adequate show room to do it in?
Thanks again. I always learn so much from this board!

Nov 6th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Parrot Mom

just went to this site and this is the entertainment for the Norway. Also noted they aren't doing "free style dining"

http://www.ncl.com/fleet/05/05_onboard.htm