Notices

NCL Breakaway to Bermuda

Jun 9th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

NCL Breakaway to Bermuda

My husband and I are going on a cruise in July to Bermuda, our first time there. We will be docked for three full days. Would prefer not to do the planned excursions but would love suggestions from others who have been there. I've done some general research on the island.. familiar with some of the popular spots. Any hints on the best way to get around.. day pass for buses/ferries etc… favorite beaches considering the crowds..favorite pubs/ cafes.. overall the best way to see the best the island offers in 3 days.. any help would be useful!
Jun 10th, 2014, 11:01 AM

There's a pass that includes both buses and ferries, and there's a 3-day option. That's probably how you'll want to go for transportation.
Jun 12th, 2014, 03:20 AM

Definitely bus/ferry - the routes are easy to understand and generally run on time. Only rent a scooter if you have a death wish, have purchased lots of travel insurance, and/or want to return home on a med-evac flight rather than ship.
Jun 13th, 2014, 04:11 AM

We used a combination of a taxi tour to get a good overview of the island ($40 an hour from taxi rank by the ship) and the ferry. We were only there overnight, took the ferry from King's Wharf to Hamilton which was quick and great. By road, it's fairly long. The buses are good, everything is slow-paced but it's a tiny island.

On the taxi tour we saw coves, beaches and lookouts that the buses don't go to. We spent four hours which included a stop in St. George's for a drink and snack. We thought good value split between two couples, given the cost of ship tours and our limited time on the island.

The Hogpenny in Hamilton is great for lunch, Henry VIII on South Shore Rd fun for dinner, http://www.henrys.bm, Waterlot good but very expensive. It has been ages since I've been to the last two. There are several pubs, lunch places in Hamilton. Food and drink are very expensive on Bermuda, we went back to the ship for dinner.

Search this Thread